The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    jetronin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    361

    Default Card tearing and short bending

    Has anyone any links to free resources on card tearing and/or short bending they'd be willing to share?
    I'm aware there are e-books etc for sale,but,frankly i'm really struggling for cash and out of work(as is a large proportion of U.K. at the moment).
    So,i'm "on the mooch".I've a pretty decent grip and reasonably strong upper body so i'd like to give tearing and bending a go.It'd be a nice compliment for my pttp and kb conditioning work.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Jordan Vezina RKCTL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    106

    Default

    That's kind of a problem. Jedd's card tearing e-book took me from barely being able to tears 30 cards, to ripping a deck into quarters and ripping 60 cards in a couple of weeks. I say that as an indicator of how valuable these products are.
    That having been said Adam Glass's blog and youtube videos are a great resource. Check out this article: Overhand Card Tearing, Bikes Cut the Correct Way : Straight to the Bar | all things strength
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/averagetoelite"]Find A2E on Facebook[/URL]

    [URL]http://www.averagetoelite.com[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.jordanvezina.com"]
    [/URL]

  3. #3
    David Whitley, RKC Guest

    Default

    Agreed. besides that, how are you gonna pay for the cards and nails?

  4. #4
    wilson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    297
    Blog Entries
    235

    Default

    If your short on cash.....tearing and bending aren't for you. If you can't afford an ebook, how are you going to buy steel and cards? Find a slegde hammer and do some leverage work until you can afford to get the ebook. Learning the right way first will save you much frustration and save you money in the long run. JMO.
    Mark Wilson RKC
    [URL="http://www.fargokettlebells.com/"]http://www.fargokettlebells.com[/URL]

  5. #5
    jetronin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Whitley, RKC View Post
    Agreed. besides that, how are you gonna pay for the cards and nails?
    There's a scrapyard nearby for steel.And playing cards cost pennies..literally....Books are not cheap.

  6. #6
    jetronin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0311bravo View Post
    That's kind of a problem. Jedd's card tearing e-book took me from barely being able to tears 30 cards, to ripping a deck into quarters and ripping 60 cards in a couple of weeks. I say that as an indicator of how valuable these products are.
    That having been said Adam Glass's blog and youtube videos are a great resource. Check out this article: Overhand Card Tearing, Bikes Cut the Correct Way : Straight to the Bar | all things strength
    Thanks,this's what i need.
    Cheers.

  7. #7
    David Whitley, RKC Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetronin View Post
    There's a scrapyard nearby for steel.And playing cards cost pennies..literally....Books are not cheap.
    where are you getting cards? WHat brand are they?

    The best price i have found is about .75 cents per deck and I go thru a LOT of cards..

  8. #8
    Jordan Vezina RKCTL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetronin View Post
    There's a scrapyard nearby for steel.And playing cards cost pennies..literally....Books are not cheap.
    That's cool, but be aware that the tensile strength of steel can vary wildly. I've cut my own stock from the hardware store and one would go down like nothing, while the next would be nearly impossible. You can do it, but it's good to know this so you don't get discouraged if something you can usually bend suddenly won't go down.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/averagetoelite"]Find A2E on Facebook[/URL]

    [URL]http://www.averagetoelite.com[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.jordanvezina.com"]
    [/URL]

  9. #9
    Dak Ink is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Antelope Valley CA & Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Whitley, RKC View Post
    where are you getting cards? WHat brand are they?

    The best price i have found is about .75 cents per deck and I go thru a LOT of cards..

    I have seen lots of used vegas decks on ebay fairly cheap.
    84 Deck WHOLESALE LOT of Casino Playing Cards Las Vegas - eBay (item 170324525596 end time Apr-29-09 18:57:37 PDT)

    Comes out to 61 cents a deck. and I have seen lots as high as 140 decks before.

    I am still learning how to tear cards.Bought the Ebook a few weeks ago but didnt get around to reading it till a few days ago.My best so far is 27 trumps...You guys ripping bicycle decks are animals.

  10. #10
    David Whitley, RKC Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Ink View Post
    I have seen lots of used vegas decks on ebay fairly cheap.
    84 Deck WHOLESALE LOT of Casino Playing Cards Las Vegas - eBay (item 170324525596 end time Apr-29-09 18:57:37 PDT)

    Comes out to 61 cents a deck. and I have seen lots as high as 140 decks before.

    I am still learning how to tear cards.Bought the Ebook a few weeks ago but didnt get around to reading it till a few days ago.My best so far is 27 trumps...You guys ripping bicycle decks are animals.
    i have gone thru a LOT of those.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close