The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 162
  1. #1
    prw166 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    62

    Default Who is Paul "Coach" Wade?

    Who is the guy and what are his qualifications? I looked through the advertisment and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to know what makes him qualified to write the book...

  2. #2
    fttfbass is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denver, PA
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prw166 View Post
    Who is the guy and what are his qualifications? I looked through the advertisment and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to know what makes him qualified to write the book...
    Personal experience. I'm not sure about any certifications or anything like that though. IMHO personal experience trumps a certification anyday.
    Luke-ISSA CFT & IKFF CKT

  3. #3
    prw166 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    62

    Default

    What are his personal experiences? Has he or someone he has trained attained the goals set in the book?

  4. #4
    John Du Cane is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prw166 View Post
    Who is the guy and what are his qualifications? I looked through the advertisment and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to know what makes him qualified to write the book...
    Paul spent around nineteen years in maximum security prisons like Marion and Angola where he studied and developed his program. The full story is in the book. The training he recommends has an immensely authentic ring to it. No BS, to the point, very, very practical. He has achieved what he teaches.

  5. #5
    MikeC in NZ RKC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Does the book go into how Paul ended up in prison? I'm all for people getting a second chance and it would be nice to know my $35 is going to someone that has learnt one of lifes harsh lessons and turned his life around and not some scum bag that just happens to be good at bodyweight training ... although I I trust John has aready thought of this and the book will probabaly reveal all.

  6. #6
    fttfbass is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denver, PA
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC in NZ RKC View Post
    Does the book go into how Paul ended up in prison? I'm all for people getting a second chance and it would be nice to know my $35 is going to someone that has learnt one of lifes harsh lessons and turned his life around and not some scum bag that just happens to be good at bodyweight training ... although I I trust John has aready thought of this and the book will probabaly reveal all.
    I'm pretty sure the book doesn't go into any personal details about why the author was in prison.
    Luke-ISSA CFT & IKFF CKT

  7. #7
    Jordan Vezina RKCTL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC in NZ RKC View Post
    Does the book go into how Paul ended up in prison? I'm all for people getting a second chance and it would be nice to know my $35 is going to someone that has learnt one of lifes harsh lessons and turned his life around and not some scum bag that just happens to be good at bodyweight training ... although I I trust John has aready thought of this and the book will probabaly reveal all.
    Most people who achieve these types of feats most likely aren't going to be 'scum bags'. The discipline and hard work required usually rules that out. Does anyone really think the author would have spent all this time training, then writing the book and surviving the DuCane Gauntlet if he was ready to snap and do a B&E at any moment?

  8. #8
    JLB
    JLB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0311bravo View Post
    Most people who achieve these types of feats most likely aren't going to be 'scum bags'. The discipline and hard work required usually rules that out. Does anyone really think the author would have spent all this time training, then writing the book and surviving the DuCane Gauntlet if he was ready to snap and do a B&E at any moment?
    Yes, I agree, MOST people who achieve these feats aren't scum bags. But he spent almost 20 years in various prisons...I'm guessing at ONE time he WAS a scum bag.

    I'm hoping he is no longer. But regardless, I'm looking forward to reading his book and seeing what he has to say.

    JLB

  9. #9
    Jordan Vezina RKCTL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Yes, I agree, MOST people who achieve these feats aren't scum bags. But he spent almost 20 years in various prisons...I'm guessing at ONE time he WAS a scum bag.

    I'm hoping he is no longer. But regardless, I'm looking forward to reading his book and seeing what he has to say.

    JLB
    They mention that he entered prison as a teenager. There are a lot of people doing 20-30 who screwed up as teenagers.

  10. #10
    MikeC in NZ RKC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0311bravo View Post
    Most people who achieve these types of feats most likely aren't going to be 'scum bags'. The discipline and hard work required usually rules that out. Does anyone really think the author would have spent all this time training, then writing the book and surviving the DuCane Gauntlet if he was ready to snap and do a B&E at any moment?
    Hmmmm I think getting sent away for 20 years means he did some pretty bad stuff and were at some stage a scumbag. That he may have seen the error of his ways and bettered himself is a possibility. Granted it takes discipline and hard work to achieve those feats but there isn't a lot else to do in prison and the motivation is pretty high to train hard if some dude called Butch is wanted you to be his girl firend.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close