The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    danfaz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    803

    Default 11% Price Increase on KBs Today?

    Yikes! I had a 32 in my shopping cart this morning @ 139.95. Now it's 153.95. I was also looking at a 40 @ 179.95, now it's 197.95. Seems the hike is across the board.

    What the Sam Sneed happened?

  2. #2
    John Du Cane is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danfaz View Post
    Yikes! I had a 32 in my shopping cart this morning @ 139.95. Now it's 153.95. I was also looking at a 40 @ 179.95, now it's 197.95. Seems the hike is across the board.

    What the Sam Sneed happened?
    That is correct. Combination of a rise in the cost of iron and a rise in the cost of labor (in China). Our sources raised their charges by a higher percent than this actually, back in December. We had been able, because of inventory levels, to hold off on raising our prices until now.

    We are hoping that costs don't continue their upward trend, but I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.

  3. #3
    danfaz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Thanks, John. Dang, guess I should have gotten off my duff.

  4. #4
    KBFan is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Du Cane View Post
    That is correct. Combination of a rise in the cost of iron and a rise in the cost of labor (in China). Our sources raised their charges by a higher percent than this actually, back in December. We had been able, because of inventory levels, to hold off on raising our prices until now.

    We are hoping that costs don't continue their upward trend, but I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.
    John,

    I know this has been asked before but with the changing world conditions: Is there any chance that you might be able to bring production back the the U.S.A?

  5. #5
    John Du Cane is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,110

    Default

    Not for the time being. Unfortunately American foundries are still very uncompetitive in this arena. Plus our current Chinese manufacturers are manufacturing a significantly better-quality product now, than we ever received from our American foundry. Just way better...

  6. #6
    CZECHSTER is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I have purchased 12 Dragondoor Kettlebells for my family and myself over the years.
    I was going to get a 2nd 88lber and my 1st 106 lber, but with shipping those 2 Bells would be $600.90
    That is way too much money for what they are. They are made from Cast Iron, not Gold.

  7. #7
    deekay is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CZECHSTER View Post
    I have purchased 12 Dragondoor Kettlebells for my family and myself over the years.
    I was going to get a 2nd 88lber and my 1st 106 lber, but with shipping those 2 Bells would be $600.90
    That is way too much money for what they are. They are made from Cast Iron, not Gold.
    In all fairness at today's price 194lbs of gold would cost nearly $4,200,000

  8. #8
    faizalenu is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,931
    Blog Entries
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CZECHSTER View Post
    I have purchased 12 Dragondoor Kettlebells for my family and myself over the years.
    I was going to get a 2nd 88lber and my 1st 106 lber, but with shipping those 2 Bells would be $600.90
    That is way too much money for what they are. They are made from Cast Iron, not Gold.
    Some people, obviously, disagree. That is why it is great to live in a free country, where supplier can set whatever price they want and you are free to make any purchase that you want.

    I will say this, when it comes to kettlebells, if you use them, they are worth it. If you don't, they are not. They last forever.
    Faizal S. Enu, CFT/RKC/PBA
    My blog: [URL]http://faizalenu.blogspot.com[/URL]
    Workshop Schedule: [URL="http://tinyurl.com/XA-Kettlebell-Workshops"]http://tinyurl.com/XA-Kettlebell-Workshops[/URL]

  9. #9
    CZECHSTER is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I wasnt aware that the Bells are now being made in China, so that is a deal breaker for me regardless of price.
    Supposedly all of the ones I have were made in America, as I have had most of them for 7 years or so
    And yes, I use my Kettlebells.

  10. #10
    dean owens is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pittsboro, NC
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CZECHSTER View Post
    I wasnt aware that the Bells are now being made in China, so that is a deal breaker for me regardless of price.
    Supposedly all of the ones I have were made in America, as I have had most of them for 7 years or so
    And yes, I use my Kettlebells.
    to my knowledge there's only one company that still makes their bells in the states. i have no experience with them so i can't comment on them.

    i'm not surprised there was an increase. our government can say there's no inflation but there most definitely is. i've actually been expecting this. i'm just surprised there was no announcement made to let people know it was coming.
    [URL="http://gettingfitwithkettlebells.wordpress.com/"]getting fit with kettlebells[/URL]
    [URL="http://kbforum.dragondoor.com/blogs/dean-owens/"]training log[/URL]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close