Pavel and Steve Cotter San Diego seminar info
THE MARTIAL ART OF STRENGTH TRAINING
San Diego, Nov 5-6
PAVEL & COTTER
Back in the last days of the Soviet empire a spec ops instructor with a background in karate, powerlifting, and kettlebells posed the question: “Karate teaches how to hit hard by being smart, not big. Why don’t we apply these principles to strength training?”
Pavel did just that, successfully. Once he started teaching these techniques to his troopers he observed that it works both ways: “It’s hard to teach rooting and other key martial arts concepts in the dojo; it’s quick and easy with iron. Once they can do it with a kettlebell in their hand, they can do it in a hand-to-hand combat as well.”
Pavel developed a positive feedback training system: the martial arts power generation techniques enhance lifting strength, which in turn enhances the martial power, etc. Years later powerlifting guru Louie Simmons observed that Pavel had “reverse engineered” what the top people do naturally to teach it to mere mortals.
It works and it works immediately. It is not unusual for Pavel’s seminar ‘victims’ to add 50-70 pounds to their deadlift or three reps to their pullups max in just a few hours. And to hit much harder –with less stress on the knees, back, and shoulders. Even if you have a broken nose, cauliflower ears, or callused hands.
“Pavel,” writes MSgt James A Coleman III, USMC, formerly one of the head instructor trainers in the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, now serving in Iraq. “I just wanted to give you a yell and let you know how much I appreciate all the help you have given me over the years. I have transformed from a national level bodybuilder to an American record holder in powerlifting to lastly a national champion strongman…. I constantly used your advanced training techniques and kept a high state of fitness. The kettlebells, muscle tension, flexibility training and one-legged pistol squats were lifesavers… I also used the secret techniques that you taught me for the Stone lifts in each competition. I was the dominator; I even had better lifts with faster times than the heavyweights. Your breathing techniques were the awesome secret to lifting big stones, 200-375 lbs, from the ground and finally placing them on a platform of 52-70 inches in height. I wanted to send you a few pics. I would love for you to place them on your website with what a success story your principles of training has been for me and the many other Marines and friends that I have trained. Stay safe and healthy and keep lifting heavy! Thanks for everything, Jim “The Destroyer” Coleman”
Here are some of the martial power secrets you will learn from Pavel:
• How to master ‘the wedge’ –and instantly and dramatically increase your punching, kicking, and pressing power
• How to root like a pro –and stop bouncing off your target or falling through
• How to find your perfect striking groove with special isometrics -without changing the striking techniques of your style, be it boxing, karate, kung fu, or anything else.
• How to master ‘the hollow position’, one of the secrets of elite martial artists’ and gymnasts’ shredded abs and awesome power. The athlete whose body speaks this language always packs power… and a six-pack to match
• How to ‘zip up’ your obliques for maximum rotational power
• How to take the stress off your banged up shoulders when punching or pushing iron –while increasing your power big time
• How to take the stress off your high mileage knees when kicking –while taking your kicking power through the roof
• How to optimally mix tension and relaxation training for explosive results
• What type of footwork ‘leaks’ your punching power –and how to plug the leak
• How to amp your striking and lifting power with three types Power Breathing techniques
• How to maximize your punching and pushing strength with a Russian boxing tip
• How to add a snap to your punch and muscle to your forearms with a Russian drill you can do every day, anywhere you go
Hit harder. Lift heavier.
Steve Cotter is the creator of the dynamic FullKOntact Strength & Conditioning system and author of the highly acclaimed FullKOntact Kettlebells DVD series, and is considered by many to be the world's authority on leg and deep stance training.
A 2-time US National Full Contact Kuoshu (Kung Fu) Champion with 25 years of internal martial arts training, Steve draws from an extensive and diverse background as a champion athlete and cutting-edge trainer to develop the most complete programs in strength and conditioning.
Throughout his lifelong study, he has continued to research and implement the most effective training methods in the martial arts, chi gong, strength and conditioning, athletics and human performance fields. He constantly improves his skills and abilities to benefit, teach and motivate others.
There are strong people. There are good fighters. Then there is Steve Cotter, equally capable to win a full contact title, put up sixty jerks with a pair of 32kg kettlebells, or flip a 900-pound tire.
Steve’s secret, in addition to years of grueling practice, is an internalized approach to strength training…
Here are some of the internalized strength secrets you will learn from Steve:
• How to become a pistol expert —because this is the single most important exercise for fast, powerful legs and deadly kicks
• How to break through to elite kettlebell pressing strength by mastering ‘segmental strength’, an amazing internal technique unlike anything you have seen
• How to dramatically increase your striking and pressing power by learning the elite skill of generating force by expanding or compressing your torso
• How to fend off an opponent twice your size—on the street or playing fields –with special deep stance training
• How to turbo-charge your strikes by learning to use your whole body as one. Steve calls this skill ‘connected strength’
• How to brace the body for heavy impact –the hard earned lessons of full contact championship fighting
• How to maximize your performance in fighting and athletics by balancing the Yin and Yang of mobility and stability
• How to redirect incoming forces while maintaining a strong position with instant feedback body hardening and partner drills
• How to transfer strength through your body from the ground up
• How to amplify your striking and throwing power by becoming a master of leverage
• How to direct our most powerful weapon—the mind—to access elite-level execution; the secret to instant focus
• How to maximize your rotational strength, a seldom trained range of motion that is a major key to effective striking and throwing
• How to develop the dynamic flexibility to escape locks and holds and prevent injuries
• How to transform you body into a lethal weapon with unique bodyweight exercises for spinal strength and explosive coordination
• How to use kettlebells to develop short-range power, the famous one-inch punch
"I had the chance to learn kettlebell training for the first time from Steve Cotter. His Full KOntact Kettlebells training program is perfect for fighters. It works the grip, back, legs, cardio - everything. Next time I am in America I will make a point to train with Steve, and I hope to bring him down to Brazil to have him train myself and my jiu-jitsu students."
-Eduardo Telles, World Brazilian Ju-Jitsu Champion,Owner of TT Jiu-Jitsu Academy, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hit harder. Lift heavier.
Register now for the MARTIAL ART OF STRENGTH TRAINING seminar, click on the secure link below:
Seminar fee: $599.
Register before September 26th for only $499.
Saturday, November 5th: 12-6pm
Sunday, November 6th, 9am-3pm
8250 Camino Santa Fe, Suite J.
San Diego, CA 92121
If you have questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.