The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    02xblazer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default hows this diet look

    breakfast:
    2 eggs(cooked in extra virgin olive oil)
    4 oz fish(cooked in extra virgin olive oil)

    workout would be here

    lunch:
    .5 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    protiein shake

    1 tablespoon peanut butter(before work just to get some calories)
    baby carrots

    1st break:
    proein shake
    1oz cashews

    2nd break:
    3oz grilled chicken breast
    2c frozen vegtables
    1c 1% milk

    3rd break:
    1c cottage cheese

    after work, 1-2hrs before bed:
    1/2 c cottage cheese
    1 tin of tuna

    2083 cals
    85.1g fat(36%) 34g from olive oil and cashews, heard these were good fats
    143g carbs(27%)
    197g protein(37%)

    i know ill have to adjust it when i start working out more but hows it look so far?

  2. #2
    kbSagoo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mint Hill, NC
    Posts
    381
    Blog Entries
    102

    Default

    All I would say is try it out, document your results and make changes if it is not supporting your goals. You'll find that many here user different nutrional models: paleo, warrior diet, precision nutrition, etc. The key is if the diet is working for you, stick with it.

  3. #3
    02xblazer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    thanks for the reply. what protein shakes would u recommend?

  4. #4
    Kai Johnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,267
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default

    Imo a good quality whey protein isolate is an excellent choice for a protein source. I add mine to 12 - 16 oz of whole milk personally, but whatever you like to mix it with will be ok.

    Check out trueprotein.com for bulk orders of just about any kind of protein you would like at reasonable prices. You can create custom mixes as well, but the wpi is a tried and true source of quality protein.

  5. #5
    Semonides is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,724
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default

    I think the kcals look low, assuming that you are a male who is training with the intent of adding muscle. I would say another 1000 kcals is needed.

  6. #6
    02xblazer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semonides View Post
    I think the kcals look low, assuming that you are a male who is training with the intent of adding muscle. I would say another 1000 kcals is needed.
    want to add some muscle, main focus is on lowering bodyfat %

  7. #7
    02xblazer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semonides View Post
    I think the kcals look low, assuming that you are a male who is training with the intent of adding muscle. I would say another 1000 kcals is needed.
    by the way im 5'8 155lbs.. if i need to add calories what are some calorie dense food that are low in carbs/fat?

  8. #8
    Semonides is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,724
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default

    first of all, we are unique. I, and my training volume, could not subsist on 2000 kcals. If you can, do not change a thing.

    if you deem that you need more material to build strength and muscle, just eat more of what you have outlined. More eggs for breakfast, bigger portion of meat at other feedings. There is no need to over-complicate the matter.

  9. #9
    02xblazer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semonides View Post
    first of all, we are unique. I, and my training volume, could not subsist on 2000 kcals. If you can, do not change a thing.

    if you deem that you need more material to build strength and muscle, just eat more of what you have outlined. More eggs for breakfast, bigger portion of meat at other feedings. There is no need to over-complicate the matter.
    thanks for the reply.. think ill try out this diet for awhile then adjust accordingly.. cant wait to order my kettlebell and start the workouts

  10. #10
    WxHerk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    295
    Blog Entries
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ43 View Post
    Check out trueprotein.com for bulk orders of just about any kind of protein you would like at reasonable prices. You can create custom mixes as well, but the wpi is a tried and true source of quality protein.
    Wow. I checked that site out. Looks really promising. After I've gone through my current supply I'm definitely gonna give them a try.

    Thanks for posting that!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close