The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Heavy Handed is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiggers View Post
    Kiss my ass.

    I work long hours and come home to a woman who likes to cook. I like eating well, competing well and looking good naked.

    As I said, as long as a vegan diet includes protein, fat and variety there is no negative effect on testosterone. My diet at home is great. Eating vegan at home allows me to not rock the boat in the kitchen which allows me to use all that testosterone to rock her in the bedroom.

    Please try to add something to the forums in future.

    Chiggers
    + 1
    A happy wife (girlfriend) is a happy home. ZS either has a doormat or a blow-up doll for an old lady.

    You're getting into it the easy way IMO, your girl's doing the hard part by learning to change her diet around and all you have to do is eat what she makes - nice deal. I've tried going Veg but don't have the enthusiasm to compile a full-time diet. Every so often I give it a try, am due for another effort soon. I eat animal products because it's convenient and I understand the nutrient content from a lifetime of eating the stuff. Definitely feel better on a vegetarian diet, but I'm hampered by a relative intolerance for legumes. I have to do some more homework, right now I have a tough time keeping/gaining weight when I go Veg. One thing I've noticed about the diets that the more robust vegetarians (Mahler, Ferruggia) put out there - they're expensive! Lots of manufactured drink mixes, nut butters (almond butter's more expensive than a new KB), Maca powder, coconut milk. I need a working man's veg diet that doesn't rely on a bag of beans every day for protein.

    To the OP - there's no correlation between vegan / vegetarian diets and lowered test levels.

  2. #12
    Danko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Carl Lewis had his most succesful year after turning vegan. I would also not worry too much about complete proteins or protein combining, they aren't that important, at least for me.

    But the caveat must always be I guess everyone is different...

    But I don't think that vegetables can be described as nutritionally void.

  3. #13
    Zach Schul Guest

    Default

    O
    Quote Originally Posted by Danko View Post
    Carl Lewis had his most succesful year after turning vegan. I would also not worry too much about complete proteins or protein combining, they aren't that important, at least for me.

    But the caveat must always be I guess everyone is different...

    But I don't think that vegetables can be described as nutritionally void.
    Compared to meat they certainly are. Veganism is just an unsustainable way of eating, eventually the malnurishment and antinutrients will catch up to you. Good luck all who believe its possible to be a healthy vegan.

  4. #14
    Zach Schul Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Handed View Post
    + 1
    A happy wife (girlfriend) is a happy home. ZS either has a doormat or a blow-up doll for an old lady.

    You're getting into it the easy way IMO, your girl's doing the hard part by learning to change her diet around and all you have to do is eat what she makes - nice deal. I've tried going Veg but don't have the enthusiasm to compile a full-time diet. Every so often I give it a try, am due for another effort soon. I eat animal products because it's convenient and I understand the nutrient content from a lifetime of eating the stuff. Definitely feel better on a vegetarian diet, but I'm hampered by a relative intolerance for legumes. I have to do some more homework, right now I have a tough time keeping/gaining weight when I go Veg. One thing I've noticed about the diets that the more robust vegetarians (Mahler, Ferruggia) put out there - they're expensive! Lots of manufactured drink mixes, nut butters (almond butter's more expensive than a new KB), Maca powder, coconut milk. I need a working man's veg diet that doesn't rely on a bag of beans every day for protein.

    To the OP - there's no correlation between vegan / vegetarian diets and lowered test levels.
    Yes because all women are vegans.

    Do you think its a coincidence that men with any amount of muscle mass have to use mass amounts of supplementation when on a vegan diet?

  5. #15
    fir
    fir is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Thanks for the replies comrades

  6. #16
    Heavy Handed is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Schul View Post
    Yes because all women are vegans.
    No, because any guy that doesn't understand flexing to meet with his old lady on an issue she's serious about probably doesn't have one under his roof (especially if said issue is about food, she does all the cooking, and is good at it).


    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Schul View Post
    Do you think its a coincidence that men with any amount of muscle mass have to use mass amounts of supplementation when on a vegan diet?
    I personally put nearly 20 lbs on a mostly vegan diet. Couldn't kick the butter or the occasional chicken/fish for dinner twice a week. But watch out, all those damm beans - black beans, red beans, pinto, navy...In any event, the question was about test levels, not mass. FWIW I have a hard time gaining weight even with animal protein/fat in my diet. I have to push my calories up to about 3600/day to make notable weight gains and I just can't keep that up for any length of time.

  7. #17
    Zach Schul Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Handed View Post
    No, because any guy that doesn't understand flexing to meet with his old lady on an issue she's serious about probably doesn't have one under his roof (especially if said issue is about food, she does all the cooking, and is good at it).




    I personally put nearly 20 lbs on a mostly vegan diet. Couldn't kick the butter or the occasional chicken/fish for dinner twice a week. But watch out, all those damm beans - black beans, red beans, pinto, navy...In any event, the question was about test levels, not mass. FWIW I have a hard time gaining weight even with animal protein/fat in my diet. I have to push my calories up to about 3600/day to make notable weight gains and I just can't keep that up for any length of time.
    It was mostly a joke but in any event i am engaged and we do equal amounts of cooking.

    Your diet is nowhere near vegan if you are eating animal products weekly. Anyway i am just busting balls, i dont believe vegan is a sufficent diet let alone optimal for male hormones but if it is something someone must do then i guess do your best to make it work.

  8. #18
    Chiggers Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    Thanks for the replies comrades
    No problem mate. Just remember like with anything you have to use your brains and see for yourself. Your answers got a little sidetracked due to shit stirring but the answer is there is no reason to be more worried being a vegetarian or a vegan about testosterone than any other diet choice. Good luck however you choose to go forwards.

    Zach, you obviously like causing arguments and have a thing against people who choose to be vegan. I'm able to talk quite candidly about it as I am not an ethical vegan or even a particularly strict one (I clearly stated that I eat vegan at home, happily I might add, and often like a Texan at a BBQ when out).

    One thing I do know is that a lot of your statements are unfounded. You can't really be doing anything other than sparring for an argument by saying that vegan-ism is unsustainable due to malnourishment and lack of nutrients. That's just nonsense. So is the idea that men with muscle mass have to massively supplement. Just for the record equally it's rubbish to suggest that endurance athletes (think 100 milers in sub 24 hrs) need to massively supplement to be top competitors. Like everything there are vegans who take a lot of supplements as there are meat eaters who take a lot of supplements. Like everything there are those that eat well and ensure they get good protein and fats from real food with every meal (in both camps). Most of the stronger vegans I have met had protein shakes as about their only 'extra' to real food.

    What's the issue? Choices we make in our diet work if they allow us to perform our required tasks, look the way we want, and stay away from too much illness. Who cares if someone chooses to do it with or without meat in their diet. Why do you give such a shit about someone else's diet choice?

    Chiggers
    Last edited by Chiggers; 02-17-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: .

  9. #19
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Please stop feeding the troll.

  10. #20
    Zach Schul Guest

    Default

    I dont care what anyone eats besides my family. just pointing out facts backed up by real science and evolution. Being a true vegan is a unstustainable way of life (so far none of you are true vegans btw so i dont know why your getting your panties in a twist) and it will lead to problems down the road.

    Now if you claim vegan but indulge in a big plate of ribs once a week, get vitamins from animal sources and take a dairy based protein powder, well then i think you will be ok. Just quick calling yourself vegan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close