The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where There is Food
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forth View Post
    I have seen some studies on performance effects of different dietary regimens. Problem is, of course, that what exactly "performance" is varies. But it seems that for most values of the word, and for most people there is somewhat of a performance drop when being glycogen depleted. Some actually do perform the same or better in a ketogenic or glycogen depleted state. Saying it definitely equals "low performance" is taking it a bit far.. but for many it would involve performing at a lower level.

    Some people are enamored with the idea if "training low, competing high", ie. training with low glycogen reserves to somewhat train the body to better utilize other substrates for fuel, and then comes competition day and storing up on glycogen is all where it's at. I'd love to see some research on this because to me it sounds not quite right that you can train your body to better utilize different substrates... it's very very efficient already. In fact there are suggestions that you can actually train your glycogen stores to grow bigger, which seems just fine to me.

    I love carbs myself and being glycogen deficient or in that horrid ketogenic state is absolutely terrible for me. But I am a bit extreme here. As for bloating.. I'm doing Geoff Neuperts Kettlebell Burn Extreme atm (ripped my hand yesterday doing the cleans! yay! low grade kettlebell did it. Can't recommend those!) and it is uh.. quite low on carbs imo. then comes "eating day" and yes.. I get very bloated and swell up quite a bit for a day or two. Feeling terrible and fat today

    Point is that one really needs to try what style of eating works best. 60-80grams sounds enough to fill up your liver glycogen reserve.. But really if it is working nice for you then stick with it. You'll have to live with getting all bloated and watery.
    Forth

    What kind of body type would you say you are? You wouldn't happen to be a mesomorph? I ask because i've read that mesomorphs do better when they keep the carbs in their diets.

  2. #12
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 12 12 Fireball View Post
    Forth

    What kind of body type would you say you are? You wouldn't happen to be a mesomorph? I ask because i've read that mesomorphs do better when they keep the carbs in their diets.
    Not a believer in somatotypes.

  3. #13
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    I think people use their "somatotype" as an excuse.

  4. #14
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    All the OT... but atleast we keep the better forum alive

    What works for me is that on a caloric deficit I lean out, on a surplus I get fat. Eating more fat gets me fatter faster than eating more carbs. Most likely due to the perfectly normal process of fat actually being easier to store as fat than carbs are. For example the "low carb high fat" eating done the way it is most often 'marketed' in Sweden (ie. "try for zero carbs. eat as much as you want of fat, and then some protein) is a complete disaster for me... for bodyfat% (because I eat too much and don't get full), life quality (fatty food generally tastes worse than high carb food.. to me, and I can't sleep in ketosis), and performance.

    I have an easy time going up or down as I see fit though. Just a matter of modulating my caloric intake and expenditure. And like many others I prefer doing cutting cycles on good amount of protein + carbs instead of good amount of protein + fats.



    Now to the thread.. if the bloating is more your gut and things.. maybe you're intolerant to something you're eating when you start up'ing the carbs. Or maybe it is your gut flora that has changed and needs adaptation.

  5. #15
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    I'm almost always in a lean out phase, the way I eat. With Warrior Diet it's tough not to be unless you pulse feed, and even then getting the calories in is a bear.

  6. #16
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeman1444 View Post
    I'm almost always in a lean out phase, the way I eat. With Warrior Diet it's tough not to be unless you pulse feed, and even then getting the calories in is a bear.
    I dunno man.. Me and quite a few others grew fatter on WD without even trying. Even one of the people quoted as endorsing it in the actual book has later changed his mind on the whole thing for this exact reason. Glad it works for ya though!

  7. #17
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    I can understand where you come from with it. I've gotten fat on it also. I just gotta eat mostly Paleo. Are you still on the Blueprint Plan?

  8. #18
    mrMushroom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Götebrog, Sverige
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forth View Post
    I dunno man.. Me and quite a few others grew fatter on WD without even trying. Even one of the people quoted as endorsing it in the actual book has later changed his mind on the whole thing for this exact reason. Glad it works for ya though!
    I get fat no matter what i do or eat. It is evolutionary... Man starved from time to time long time ago, so the body kept whatever it could whenever it could, being lean would be a evolutionary disadvantage, not getting fat = death. Thats my excuse for being "to fat".

    Under-eating during the day keeps my senses sharp and alert, and i don't have to think about food all the time. In my mind I am a "fatty" so I always long for food if I always eat it.

    EDIT: Point being, It's not the Warrior Diet making you fat... it is you eating that makes you fat.

  9. #19
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeman1444 View Post
    I can understand where you come from with it. I've gotten fat on it also. I just gotta eat mostly Paleo. Are you still on the Blueprint Plan?
    I'm on the Kettlebell Burn Extreme Plan at the moment. Going greeeeeat. Ripped my hand though. The eating plan is splendid. I will go on a plan by Rob Regish after this. and then back to the burn extreme style of eating and training.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrMushroom View Post
    I get fat no matter what i do or eat. It is evolutionary... Man starved from time to time long time ago, so the body kept whatever it could whenever it could, being lean would be a evolutionary disadvantage, not getting fat = death. Thats my excuse for being "to fat".

    Under-eating during the day keeps my senses sharp and alert, and i don't have to think about food all the time. In my mind I am a "fatty" so I always long for food if I always eat it.

    EDIT: Point being, It's not the Warrior Diet making you fat... it is you eating that makes you fat.
    Most definitely it is my eating that makes me more fit to survive after the zombie holocaust because I have some stored energy.

  10. #20
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    I've heard great things about the Burn Program! Does that plan deal with fasting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close