The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default The three main IF approaches

    I know there are about three main modes of Intermittent Fasting
    1. Eat Stop Eat
    2.Warrior Diet
    3.Lean Gains

    So to someone who has tried them all, which one provided the best results for you?

  2. #2
    kodo kb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, New York
    Posts
    456
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default

    If you want to know which one is better for you, you need to be the one who tries them all out. No one has perfect willpower and discipline, so the diet that fits into your life the best works the best. I tried Warrior diet for a bit, but it was too strict in time-windows for me. The fact that WD wasn't a go clued me in not to try LG. That being the case, ESE has been my bread'n'butter for fat loss periods.

    My $.02,
    Josh
    "I can't imagine how it WON'T work...save you not doing it." — Dan John

    "I never went to the gym to "work out". Rather I went to LEARN. The workout was incidental." — Dr. Ed Thomas

  3. #3
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Might want to look inte "carb back loading" too.

    And remember.. to get the most bang for your bucks out of something like LG you will be wanting to count your calories and macros.

  4. #4
    Jabbur is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I have done ESE and the WD. WD is really nice and I felt really good when doing it, however it is incompatible with my lifestyle as it is dificult to attend client lunches when you do not lunch. ESE is also good and it is my choice for now.

    I Have not tried lean gains

  5. #5
    Chad Paulus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Minnetonka, MN
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forth View Post
    Might want to look inte "carb back loading" too.

    And remember.. to get the most bang for your bucks out of something like LG you will be wanting to count your calories and macros.
    Carb back loading looks really interesting. Im going to give it a go myself. Forth have you tried it?

    http://www.slideshare.net/ijangpom/c...adingreviewpdf
    Chad Paulus -- RKC/HKC, FMS, RN

    [CENTER]“You cannot walk towards your Greatness you can only walk away from it.”[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]- [I]Keith Kochner[/I][/CENTER]

  6. #6
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Carb back loading sounds really cool but I feel like your throwing a ton of stress onto your kidneys when you go into a free for all like that. I fast during the day for 20 hours and eat at night, could I have a free for all and see the same benefits?

  7. #7
    forth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimithing View Post
    Carb back loading looks really interesting. Im going to give it a go myself. Forth have you tried it?

    http://www.slideshare.net/ijangpom/c...adingreviewpdf
    No. I can't do any kind of fasted training . But it is quite a good read anyway. Even though the studies cited in the book don't really match certain aspects (eg. training in the evening is "better") of what the author claim but still most of it makes sense. Works for some. Not my cup of tea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeman1444 View Post
    Carb back loading sounds really cool but I feel like your throwing a ton of stress onto your kidneys when you go into a free for all like that. I fast during the day for 20 hours and eat at night, could I have a free for all and see the same benefits?
    If you don't have any kidney problems I find it unlikely that you would be putting any potential harmful stress on it. Sounds a wee bit like you have gotten bitten by the "too much protein is bad for your kidney"-myth.

    You would *not* see the same benefit if you're not actually doing some resistance training. The main thing is pretty much that you keep your carb intake down except right after heavy resistance training when your muscle's insulin sensitivity is peaking. Without the training it's just not as good.

    Really you see the same thing if you go with the leangains style where you normally would go lowish carb on non-training days, and increase the carb in your after workout meal. It's the old "anabolic window" reincarnate.

  8. #8
    jetronin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Haven't tried all three.
    Warrior works well for me though. Keeps my weight stable, B.F. around 10% and I don't need to over-think mealtime. It's almost idiot-proof.
    Which is probably why it suits me.......

  9. #9
    Chad Paulus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Minnetonka, MN
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeman1444 View Post
    Carb back loading sounds really cool but I feel like your throwing a ton of stress onto your kidneys when you go into a free for all like that. I fast during the day for 20 hours and eat at night, could I have a free for all and see the same benefits?
    Maybe I misread it but the "free for all" to me is just adding in some carbs at night after a training session. For me personally I wouldn't eat all the junk he was talking about with my carbs but use sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa, amareth, etc along with a ton of vegetables. Doesn't really seem all that different than WD except you don't have to fast all day. You can still eat protein and fat during the day and just restrict the carbs to at night after you train.
    Chad Paulus -- RKC/HKC, FMS, RN

    [CENTER]“You cannot walk towards your Greatness you can only walk away from it.”[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]- [I]Keith Kochner[/I][/CENTER]

  10. #10
    Spikeman1444 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimithing View Post
    Maybe I misread it but the "free for all" to me is just adding in some carbs at night after a training session. For me personally I wouldn't eat all the junk he was talking about with my carbs but use sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa, amareth, etc along with a ton of vegetables. Doesn't really seem all that different than WD except you don't have to fast all day. You can still eat protein and fat during the day and just restrict the carbs to at night after you train.
    It reminds me also of the Warrior Diet. I like to keep it clean also. Also Forth, I wonder how peoples blood results are on this diet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Free Course
Close