• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

10 min. snatch test.........I suck!

kbpaul

Well, I set a stop watch and went at it with my 40lb. kettlebell. I alternated 10 reps on each side 'till the time ran out, I rested for short periods when needed. I can't believe I only got 155 reps out! I am very disappointed in myself. I guess I'll just try to cut down on the rest periods or do more reps ea. side before alternating. Any advice?

stlcate

Cut down on the rest periods. 10 reps each side is pretty standard. You can up the reps, but the rest periods and your overall pace probably account for 155 which isn't bad by the way.

CI

JonFrost

I don't think that's too bad...

I did it a few weeks ago with the 20kg bell and only managed 140. I was actually pretty happy with that. Use it as a bench mark to get better. That reminds me, I need to take that test again!! Good luck.

Jon

D

David Whitley, RKC

10 min. snatch test.

You know where you stand now. Shorten rest periods and shoot for at least 160 next time.
Keep us posted.free newsletter

Josh Hillis

Don't stress man

I only got 159 w/my 36lb kettlebell. Everyone is at different places. Like, right now, the snatch test was the first time I really did any snatching in a while. Now you have a place to start from.

It's like all of the CrossFit benchmark workouts. I'm pretty far behind most of the people who post their numbers. But at the certification I found out that there are a million more people who don't post their numbers because they aren't putting up huge scores. There were a ton of people who were way worse than me, they just didn't post. I finally got that where I am at is just where I am at, and all there is to do is keeping working at it. In reality I work out with kettlebells because it's fun, not because I was "training for the secret service snatch test."

Josh
RKC+CrossFit

DylanThomas

Stop kicking yourself in the ass.

You did pretty good,don't be hard on yourself,and try switching every 5 reps,your arms and grip wont fatigue as quick,you'll go longer without stopping.

Shugyo!
Dylan

Free Course