• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

A rafter pull-up first..

BradJ

I accomplished a palms away rafter pull-up on a single rafter with three fingers of each hand (thumb, index and middle) for the first time today. I have been doing three finger rafter pull-ups for some time on two separate rafters. It is quite a bit more difficult on a single rafter because you cannot utilize any chest crush strength to help pull yourself up.

I am making very slow progress towards the double bodyweight rafter pull-up and even slower progress towards the one arm rafter pull-up.

Brad

Fireman Tom

Have you been locked in a dungeon? And the only way

you'll get any food is to impress your jailer with strength feets? ;-) LOL

Brad, you continue to amaze us. We're all just looking forward to the time you write a book about how you do all these stunts.

Impressed as usual,

Tom

cata9tale

craziness...

And here I thought you were going to work on evil wheels for a while and give us a couple years to work on your other rafter tricks. Always something new.

Question for you,do you always do your weighted rafter pull-ups on 32" centers so that your head touches the center rafter?
Just curious, Tim.

BradJ

Yes but...

please don't tell my wife that I called her a jailer;) Actually, she just shakes her head and leaves. Thanks for the compliment!

Brad

BradJ

weighted rafter pull-ups..

Tim,

I have too much fun with the rafters to take a break from them. I use extra weight on several kinds of rafter pull-ups but I use the most weight on 2 rafters 32" apart. My current bests are:

2 rafters 32" apart-BW+135 pounds
2 rafters 16" apart- BW+75 pounds
single rafter with palms away grip- BW+54 pounds

Brad

W.H.

Main Entry: mu·tant
Pronunciation: 'myü-t&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin mutant-, mutans, present participle of mutare
: of, relating to, or produced by mutation
- mutant noun

Justindh

Outstanding!

How many friggin pounds of pressure do you have in those hands of yours? I am in jaw dropping shock as usual. Have you hit any other mind blowing PRs lately ( any PR of yours is mind blowing )?

BradJ

Thanks Justin....

No major PRs. I am not working on DFs as much right now as I am focusing on the ab wheel. I do think that there will be a lot of carryover.

Brad

JimBathurst

Always amazing!! congratulations!! ...

So when are you going to start selling pieces of your basement rafters on Ebay as collectables? Hahaha....

Free Course