• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Actor Jason Statham and Convict Conditioning

TomFurman

Found this online and thought it was of interest. Jason uses Logan Hood as his fitness coach and the results show.

"If you want to get in incredible shape, go to prison. That's what The Expendables star Jason Statham did three years ago. While prepping for his role as convict Jensen Ames in the sci-fi action flick Death Race, Statham strolled the yard at California's Corcoran State Prison and watched how the inmates got into what the 38-year-old actor admiringly calls "prison shape" (versus what he disdainfully describes as "gym shape"). The ripped cons worked out with explosive strength moves but little equipment. "They had banned weights from the prison yard," Statham recalls. "They didn't have the big, fat machines you have in the typical gym. These guys were using their own bodies for lifts, pullups, situps, and squats. They employed full-body-weight exercises and old-school gym techniques that seemed to work wonders."

Scotsfan

Found this online and thought it was of interest. Jason uses Logan Hood as his fitness coach and the results show.

Check around on his diet and Statham's very strict with his eating program. From one site:

Jason Statham’s Diet Plan:

–> Jason credits his rapid weight loss success mainly to his strict diet plan, which ended up being around 2,000 calories per day.

–> He avoided refined sugars, flour, breads, pastas and booze like they were incurable STD’s =)

–> Just like with his workout routine, Statham recorded everything he put into his mouth. This makes it literally impossible to screw it up…and if he wasn’t losing enough fat, it’d be easy to figure out why.

–> He drank a boatload of water and consumed 6 small meals per day, focusing on the typical lean body foods, like egg whites, veggies, lean meats, whey protein shakes, raw nuts and fish. Desert would often include fat free yogurt with mixed fruit added for flavor.

aussieluke

The difference between Hollywood actors and chumps like us though is that they have a practically infinite amount of money and free time on their hands, no 9-5 job, nutritionists and people to cook and prepare meals for them etc etc plus a multi-million dollar incentive to get in whatever shape they're told to.

Sure when filming starts they probably have early morning and long days etc, but they aren't sat at a desk all day, and they'll still have their precisely balanced meal waiting for them when shooting stops...

TomFurman

Regardless, Statham has been athletic his whole life and he had to do the work. Actors are usually actors because of communication skills and looks,... which include a genetic disposition to be mesomorphs.
I've worked on films/TV/Theater for 25 years and the days are 12 to 16 hours which requires waiting and being there and staying in shape too.
Convicts have more time and rest... oddly. LOL

Scotsfan

There are countless examples of people who have attained and maintained excellent physiques and levels of strength using bodyweight training for years. Gymnasts, the guys who thrived on chins and dips on muscle beach, Arthur Jones' example in his autobiography and so on. Cheapo at Simplefit is practically a Statham look-alike. Put in the work and you'll get the results.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread7663.html

Snaggle

There are countless examples of people who have attained and maintained excellent physiques and levels of strength using bodyweight training for years. Gymnasts, the guys who thrived on chins and dips on muscle beach, Arthur Jones' example in his autobiography and so on. Cheapo at Simplefit is practically a Statham look-alike. Put in the work and you'll get the results.

Scotsfan, thanks for the link. Excellent stuff.

postandspread

Nice link. Now, how in hell does Cheapo get powerful-looking abs like his? Can't just be weight loss. So, is it from pull-ups?

jt85gt

I hate to see this thread die because I have a lot of interest in body weight training. Do you really think this is all Cheapo does, did to get to this point?

Snaggle

I hate to see this thread die because I have a lot of interest in body weight training. Do you really think this is all Cheapo does, did to get to this point?

I'll play along.

If he hadn't been doing this exercises in circuits, I'd have a hard time believing that they carved out his gut like that. However, I've found that circuit training, road work, any exercises done when the heart rate is up sculpts the body in a way it wouldn't normally.

It can also be partially genetic.
Years ago when I was in my working out hay days, I took shaolion kung fu with Shi Yan Ming. That guy would work us. I was lean as could be, and far stronger than I looked, but I didn't get a muscular stomach like Cheapo has there.....

GunnyHighway

The difference between Hollywood actors and chumps like us though is that they have a practically infinite amount of money and free time on their hands, no 9-5 job, nutritionists and people to cook and prepare meals for them etc etc plus a multi-million dollar incentive to get in whatever shape they're told to.

Sure when filming starts they probably have early morning and long days etc, but they aren't sat at a desk all day, and they'll still have their precisely balanced meal waiting for them when shooting stops...

I've always thought this argument was a lot of crap. It doesn't take "a practically infinite amount of money" or a lot of free time or meals designed by a nutritionist to get in great shape. In fact, I'd say those are only minimally helpful. It's really just a matter of a bit of knowledge, which they have a trainer provide but you have DD provide. And will, which is where 99% of fitness plans go south.

aussieluke

I've always thought this argument was a lot of crap. It doesn't take "a practically infinite amount of money" or a lot of free time or meals designed by a nutritionist to get in great shape. In fact, I'd say those are only minimally helpful. It's really just a matter of a bit of knowledge, which they have a trainer provide but you have DD provide. And will, which is where 99% of fitness plans go south.

Sure you can get in shape without these things - I know, I am doing it. But I also know it would be a LOT easier if I didn't have to get up early to train before I sit in an office all day, then go home and cook, clean etc etc and try and get some relaxation before I try to get somewhere close to 8 hours sleep. And of course if I had access to all the training equipment I wanted, plenty of supplements etc, some spare time to go for a nice walk too perhaps, or a swim in my own pool...

And finally if the only goal was to LOOK better, as opposed to being stronger, healthier, fitter etc etc as well, and someone was going to pay me several million dollars to do so (plus reading some lines off a script), AND a trainer to tell me how to do it and pat me on the back... and don't forget massages, hot tubs...

Snaggle

I agree. I found it easier to stay in shape when I was younger because I had more free time. I'm still making time for it but it's exhausting some weeks.

Wooden Leg

I basically agree with Com. Gunny Highway. Attitude is king. But going on recent posts about sleep, there may be something to it. I leave for work at 5.30am, and get home not much before 7.30pm. I am lucky enough to have time in that interval for my workouts, but even so 7 hours sleep per night is just about the maximum I can manage. It would be interesting to see the difference if I could manage 9 hours, say.

Snaggle

I leave for work around 7:15 am and usually get home around 8:15 pm. I also go to Sambo/Boxing 2-3 times a week now. I'm friggin exhausted. I sleep late on saturdays and sundays to make up for the 6 hrs a night I get all week.
If I were a trust fund kid or rich movie star, obviously, things would be different....

I'd be missing sleep because of the debauchery. ;)

In all seriousness, it would be easier to get the right sleep, hours to work out and mental focus. I find my mental acuity is way down when I have the time to work out during the week as I have to wait for weeknights. I'm not by nature and early riser so just getting up for work is tough enough.

Free Course