• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Adam Archuleta-Jay Schroeder DVD on Netflix

Attention Netflix members, check out Strength Coach Jay Schroeder's DVD "Freak Of Training: The Adam Archuleta Workout." Very cool DVD with lots of explosive exercises. Jay explains each exercise very well and what the application for each one is. Archuleta demonstrates most of the exercises and he makes all of them look easy (trust me, very few of them if any are). Go to www.netflix.com to rent it. If you have ever wondered why Jay has his atletes train in his unique manner, you have to see this DVD.

Mike Mahler http://www.mikemahler.com

Scott Shetler

Right on a GREAT DVD....

That's awesome it is available on Netflix. I wish Jay would put out more of this. His training methods are interesting to say the least. Archuletta's drop and catch bench press with 225 is sick!

-Scott

Brad Nelson RKC

Archuleta...

travels to Minnesota all of the time to train with Jay. their facility is nothing special...but what goes on inside is a labratory. They have some very unique training/recovery modalities that have to be experienced to appreciate.

Bradhttp://www.mtxeconditioning.com

Brad Nelson RKC

He has close ties with these guys.....

www.arpprogram.com

When you go there website check out the clinics page. Burnsville MN is where these guys are based out of.... Dr. Steve Moe, Dr. John Petiela and Denis Thompson have some affiliate/partnership with Jay.

I may have misspoke but when I see Dr. Petiela...I always ask him who is in and out and there are usually a handful of NFL players who fly in weekly just to get treatments from these guys.

I know they use Jay's protocols and he was here some this last summer.

Bradhttp://www.mtxeconditoning.com

TonyS

Archuleta....still wonder where are the secrets..

Have the DVD. Well done and motivating to watch, but just kind of a glimpse of Jay's/Adam's program. Submax BP's with iso holds. Plyo jumps. Plyo jumps with iso holds. Adams talks about the program, but both he and Jay never expound or lay out what there workout week/month/year looks like. And bicep work consisted of a preacher curl iso hold with a 45lb bar? Just seemed out of place. Jay's claim to fame was that of a BPer in NASA years back. Years later he is a guru. I do not mean this as a slight, but Adam at the time of the Combine could do an unassisted 500+ BP and 600+ squat. You do not lift these kinds of loads by jumping off a ladder and doing submax iso benches. You have to lift max loads at some point. In the DVD this is never discussed.

Scott Shetler

Tony, it was discussed briefly...

They talked about how they use those lifts early on in the training program, but in the later stages of training they rely on them less and less. He made a statement that the altitude landings from over 6' in the air into a squat or lunge position put far greater forces on the body then you could with a barbell.

You are right though, it would have been cool to see how they structure their training cycles. All I got out of it was that when Adam started with Jay in HS Jay explained to him that his program would not have him "peaking" until he was finishing his college career, when it really mattered.

-Scott

TonyS

I agree, it was very brief.....

You are right..Adam made it a point to say hey, this is a huge macrocycle. We just don't do something without a long term plan...DVD just left me with more questions. I do not know if you saw ESPN the mag..(Last issue). Had an article on Dwight Freeney and on how he will do anything to beat the Patriots this year. Guess who he is training with....Jay Schroeder! Only specifics in the article were, changing nutrition and Jay told Dwight to not put his hands in his pockets because it will fatigue his upper back musculature. Photos show Dwight in various poses with Faradic current patches on insertions and origins of bicep, pec, etc... Oh well, the mystery continues! PS. Scott, you've have a great site and appreciate the work you put into it.
Tony

Brad Nelson RKC

they follow a protocol...

that calls for a lot of negative 'catches' like they show in person. If you get a chance to watch a training session in person...it is fascinating.

Bradhttp://www.mtxeconditoning.com

Scott Shetler

I agree, it was very brief.....

Tony,

I haven't seen the ESPN mag, but will check it out, thanks! And thanks for the words about my site. I appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

Thanks,

-Scott

Free Course