• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Cold/Cancer Sores Remedies

grzegorz

What would you guys recommend to speed up the recover of one or what to take to prevent outbreaks? Once in a while I get one, a couple times in a year. Being outside in this cold weather on saturday in ct has triggered it.

Have been supplementing with Lysine when I feel an onset. I mix 3-5k mg of lysine powder in water and take a 1000mg cap of C with it. I take zinc, a multiple vit from garden of life daily.

Is there a recommeded dose of lysine and C during an onset to speed up healing of it or recommend it in small amount for maintenance to prevent it?

Have heard that more vit B is beneficial, as well as taking reishin inconjunction with astragalus.

I put some apple cider vinegar on a cotton swap and dab it with that few times a day. Then apply lysine ointment over it.

Any recommendations appreciated.

greyman

that's not really a nutrition question, as a cold sore is caused by herpes.
but what the hell; far as i know there are no special supplements to prevent an outbreak. once you've come into contact with the virus it remains in your body forever. if you're unlucky it will occasionally cause outbreaks; antiviral creams from the local chemist can help apparently. that's about it. otherwise, 7-10 days healing time.

MI_KB'r

Take a vitamin D supplement. Preferably 2000-3000/day. It will greatly strengthen your immune system. Since my doctor recommended Vitamin D 3 years ago, I haven't been sick at all.

kbpaul

You probably wont believe this simply because it's so cheap/inexpensive, but....Carmex works great for me! I put it on all day long when i feel one coming on....and....POW! It's gone.

Valleyrose

I've been dealing with cold sores most of my life and find that lysine supplements in conjunction with lysine lip balm speeds the healing. As kbpaul noted, Carmex works well, but the lysine cream seems to work better in most cases for me.

DaleBuchanan

What would you guys recommend to speed up the recover of one or what to take to prevent outbreaks? Once in a while I get one, a couple times in a year. Being outside in this cold weather on saturday in ct has triggered it.

Have been supplementing with Lysine when I feel an onset. I mix 3-5k mg of lysine powder in water and take a 1000mg cap of C with it. I take zinc, a multiple vit from garden of life daily.

Is there a recommeded dose of lysine and C during an onset to speed up healing of it or recommend it in small amount for maintenance to prevent it?

Have heard that more vit B is beneficial, as well as taking reishin inconjunction with astragalus.

I put some apple cider vinegar on a cotton swap and dab it with that few times a day. Then apply lysine ointment over it.

Any recommendations appreciated.

L-Lysine is the best for cold sores

laurahill

Ginger tea is good way to treat cold and cough...Boil some water adding with ginger paste and drink it before sleeping.

Free Course