• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Com. WarpedMind: Bent press mishap

Dano

Well, I had a suprising kick of ambition and decided to work some side presses hard so here's what I did:

70x2
80x2
95x2
105x1
About here I says to myself, "I can hit 115 if I bent press it."
So...I strap on all the plates I have in my room on the 2-pood, wrestle it to my shoulder and....up it goes! Now I bend my legs to get under the weight and finish the lockout, but I'm stuck about an inch from locking my elbow out! Every time I move to lock it out, the weight sways and moves. Well, this couldn't go on forever and down came the weight! I didn't want to kill the guy in the dorm room below me or cause massive damage to the floor so I managed to bring it to my shoulder instead HARD. It hurt a little but not much so I thought, "What the hell? I'll do the right side!". Turns out I was just too wiped out from the left arm attempt that I couldn't get it moving. My shoulder feels great anyway and I'm ready for that Farmer bar.

Lesson: Strapping Olympic plates onto KBs in excess of, say, 30-40 pounds gets really ackward so be wary! Not a bad idea for movements that don't require overhead lifting and a lot of balance, like one-arm deads, grip work, etc.

Dano

Johnypullups

Just wanted to say I think its hilarious (and of course impressive) that you were doing 115 pound bent presses..... on the second floor of your dorm. Hehehe.... can you imagine the look on the poor bastard's face in the room below you when a 115 pound assortment of kettlebell and weights come crashing through the cieling and smash his Imac to little bits? It would suck for him, of course, but it brings a shit-eating grin to my face just thinking about it.....

Johnypullups

Re: You boys are very too bad.

Maybe Andy, but I know you'll agree that kettlebell as dorm-room wrecking ball is pretty funny......

WarpedMind

LOL! What a story! And to think that you decided to go to the other shoulder! You're a brute and a half, Dano! Remind me to move out of the dorm below yours!

Dano

Farmer Bar is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...just in time for another bent press sess

asdfasdfasdfsd

Free Course