• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Considering trying out for selection( SFAS)...PLEASE HELP!!!!

Android-Man

OK....SO I HAVE NARROWED DOWN THAT I AM GOING TO TRY OUT FOR SELECTION TO BE A GREEN BERET...... FROM WHAT I HAVE GATHERED SO FAR THESE ARE GOOD PARAMETERS TO SHOOT FOR.

- Complete the 2-mile run in at least 12 to 14 minutes
- 100 sit-ups in 2 minutes.
- 100 push-ups in 2 minutes

I AM CURRENTLLY DOING MOSTLY THESE...( IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE)

- SWINGS
-PULLUPS
- SNATCHES
- AND TGU'S

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM FORUM MEMBERS WHO HAVE DONE ANY KIND OF SF. MUCH LOVE WOULD BE APPRECIATED......... NOT TO BE A DICK WHEN I SAY THIS.....BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY SF, MILITARY, OR SWAT EXPERIENCE...PLEASE DONT POST.

I AM CURRENTLY IN THE ARMY RESERVE( I KNOW DONT GET ME GOING ON THAT ONE). 1 DEPLOYMENT TO AFGANISTAN. I HAD THE PRIVILAGE/ OPPORTUNITY TO WORK AROUND, NOT WITH BUT AROUND A COUPLE GREEN BERETS OVER THERE, AND I KNEW AT THAT MOMENT I HAVE TO BE ONE. I AM CLOSING IN ON THE AGE REQUIREMENTS HERE WITHIN THE NEXT 18 MONTHS, SO I WANT TO GET GOING ASAP.....THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP...A-MAN.

ad5ly

As you are a member of the Army Reserve you could inquire through your chain of command on how to obtain all the information needed to meet qualification. I am sure the swings, pullups, snatches and tgus will compliment any training which is military. I would include force marching with a rucksack over varied terrain. Develope your map and compass skills in doing the marches - this a critical military skill. Sounds exciting on what you are about to embark on. I am so jealose. Wish you good luck in earning that Green Beret...Dennis

Ranger2116

One of two sites

As you are a member of the Army Reserve you could inquire through your chain of command on how to obtain all the information needed to meet qualification. I am sure the swings, pullups, snatches and tgus will compliment any training which is military. I would include force marching with a rucksack over varied terrain. Develope your map and compass skills in doing the marches - this a critical military skill. Sounds exciting on what you are about to embark on. I am so jealose. Wish you good luck in earning that Green Beret...Dennis

Go to military athlete or soflete and get their ruck based selection program and follow it to the tee. You will not be disappointed. Many have used this to great success.

Free Course