• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

CONVICT CONDITIONING 2 Released Soon?!!

Easey Jack

As many of you may know, I'm a huge fan of CC. I've used it for well over a year now as my core approach, and I'm blasting through plateaus constantly; strength, mobility, and muscle gain. To top it off, I'm more pain-free each week!

So I've been crazy waiting for CC2. There were even a few rumors that the book would NEVER be released.

So imagine my happiness when (perusing the Great One, Rif's blog) this caught my eye:

Also doing some very interesting hand work that I got via the new edition of Convict Conditioning 2 by Coach Paul Wade. It's a way to work the extensors of the fingers that is simply brilliant as well as simple.

I wish I had thought of that but I'm very happy to use it. The sequel to CC is even better than the first book! Didn't think it was but I've got an advance copy to review and I'm here to tell you it is! Already one of my favorite books and I'm learning a ton.

http://rifsblog.blogspot.com/

So the book does exist! If it's been given to the great Rif (I presume for him to review--Rif famously being an ex-gymnast bodyweight maestro) it must be coming out soon, although I've seen no hype for it. August?!!

Dragon Door, I have money here I'm waiting to give you.

PLEASE take it from me. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book!!!

ad5ly

This is good news. CC has been out awhile now, 2 years at least. I imagine that those of you who train CC as a priority have gone a long way with it. I have the CC book and use the lower step drills mainely for Variety/re-hab. I have completely regained full range of motion, and am completely free of pain in my left wrist and shoulders with wall push ups. Great program for tendon strength and recovery from pain when I push myself too hard on some days with the kbs. Keeps me in the game when I need to back off from kettlebells. My hope is that CC2 has a dvd as well. I STILL want to see that elusive one arm push up performed as described in the CC program. Has anyone on the forum who practices CC got to where they OWN the Master Step 10 for one arm push ups at this point? I don't mean doing 100 - just one "CC push up"..If not now I am pretty sure within a year or so we start seeing some videos of it..Dennis

zebhooker

This is good news. CC has been out awhile now, 2 years at least. I imagine that those of you who train CC as a priority have gone a long way with it. I have the CC book and use the lower step drills mainely for Variety/re-hab. I have completely regained full range of motion, and am completely free of pain in my left wrist and shoulders with wall push ups. Great program for tendon strength and recovery from pain when I push myself too hard on some days with the kbs. Keeps me in the game when I need to back off from kettlebells. My hope is that CC2 has a dvd as well. I STILL want to see that elusive one arm push up performed as described in the CC program. Has anyone on the forum who practices CC got to where they OWN the Master Step 10 for one arm push ups at this point? I don't mean doing 100 - just one "CC push up"..If not now I am pretty sure within a year or so we start seeing some videos of it..Dennis
I asked Mr. Du Cane about CC2, and he said that they are shooting DVD's on sight @ Alcatraz! One of the plans that he mentioned was that their will be 3 DVD's, with 2 "Power Moves" includes on each.

Last edited:

gtrgy888

Has anyone lost any fat on CC? I know that's not the primary goal of the program but I'm just curious.

I lost 20 pounds in a year, but I owe that more to diet and kettlebell ballistics. CC is almost exclusively a strength method.

Kotengu

I lost 20 pounds in a year, but I owe that more to diet and kettlebell ballistics. CC is almost exclusively a strength method.

Was it hard to incorporate kettlebells and CC? I mean, did you feel like you were overtraining at any point?

gtrgy888

I train CC as written and add 10-20 minutes of high volume 24kg kettlebell swings/snatches twice a week. I haven't overtrained yet, although hamstring and grip soreness can be aggravating. You'll need to experiment to determine your own tolerance.

If you want to drop fat, dieting is the most efficient way, so be sure to watch intake.

Free Course