• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Convict Conditioning Machine????

Com. Stefan

Gah! If I see another "signup to my newsletter and get all the secrets"-popup I will kill someone!

But thanks for posting ;)

Looks like a complete apparatus for training. The only thing I'm missing is a way to do glute ham raises. And oh, can it make coffee too?

KDubya

Maybe I am missing something but it does not look that impressive to me. I would think a pull-up bar would do almost everything that it does, the addition of a set of adjustable rings would have it beat hands down.

Push-ups on the bars or using the floor? - The floor would allow for infinite customization and also allow fingertip or fist or fins. - Advantage Ground

Pull-ups on the machine or on a self standing (as in a self supported post and bar system, not a door mounted system) push-up bar? - About the same but you could do muscle-ups on a normal self standing system, all the bars at the end might get in the way if you were kipping your legs. --Pretty even, possible advantage normal self standing system.

Handstands in machine or against wall? I would think it would be easier to kick your feet up against a wall where you could use whatever height you wanted. - Advantage wall.

Not wanting to hammer on this guys new invention, just having a very slow day here in Kabul after the excitement last night. Did get a chance to see an Apache gunship light up that building where the Taliban were holed up. That chain gun in the dark is pretty damn cool :) The other cool part was watching live TV outside your house showing rpg hits on your street.

TonyC

This just looks like a modified squat station with some foam rollers, so he's hardly designed it himself. Plus, buying a piece of equipment for CC. Isn't that kinda missing the point :)

Wooden Leg

It's an interesting idea. But there are only 2 things that would make CC workouts easier to perform for me - an easily adjustable bar for horizontal pulls at varying heights (as I intend to keep doing them despite moving on) and a pull up/leg raise bar which I can hang from with feet clear of the floor. This doesn't seem to provide either, so is not something I would be splashing out on.

JLB

I don't think the point is to NOT use any equipment, but perhaps to use a minimum of equipment. I've found using a jungle gym xt useful for horizontal rows, and I anticipate using a weightvest for some cc steps. And a strength band has been helpful to me as I worked on pistols.

JLB

Y

Yorkshirecomrade

Lol @ Com. Stefan... You sound like my dragon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good physiques are not given. They are forged through time, effort, dedication and hard work.

DTris

It's an interesting idea. But there are only 2 things that would make CC workouts easier to perform for me - an easily adjustable bar for horizontal pulls at varying heights (as I intend to keep doing them despite moving on) and a pull up/leg raise bar which I can hang from with feet clear of the floor. This doesn't seem to provide either, so is not something I would be splashing out on.

I made my own adjustable bar out of pvc pipe and a small width ratchet strap. Hook the ends on a bar or tree limb and adjust the height to whatever you want. Cheap and versatile ;)

Taking Cattle

Ridiculous. Why build a machine to mimic components that you can find anywhere? something to dip on? easy to find. something to do pull-ups on? easy to find. something to do handstand push-ups against? easy to find.

A really useful bodyweight machine would:

-assist you in doing pull-ups, dips and pistols -- preferably by actively assisting you, but I would settle for an easily adjustable resistance (kind of like the Total Gym) -- until you've mastered them

-have a glute-ham-raise device (and devices for any other bw lifts requiring uncommon or difficult-to-jury-rig equipment)

-have a static assembly that would let you work presses, pull-downs, rows, floor presses, squats and deadlifts isometrically while *measuring the force exerted*

Com. Stefan

Ridiculous. Why build a machine to mimic components that you can find anywhere? something to dip on? easy to find. something to do pull-ups on? easy to find. something to do handstand push-ups against? easy to find.

While you're suggestions are good ideas I don't get the part above. Sure you can find a pull up bar, there's one in the kids playground 15 minutes away from where I live, but if I want to train at home? Yeah, I can buy a portable one. But I want to do dips, yeah I can buy a portable one. Why not just have one of these in the garage? Seems like a good idea for some.

Chris Hansen

That's the irony of bodyweight training, you still need equipment to get the most of it: Pullup bar, dip bars, rings, ab wheel, stall bars if you're lucky, maybe a natural glute-ham set-up, even furniture gliders can be useful.

If you really do have no equipment there are still alternatives but they're not ideal.

rlex

If one needs to buy equipment to do bodyweight training, you might as well buy an olympic set IMO.

Taking Cattle

While you're suggestions are good ideas I don't get the part above. Sure you can find a pull up bar, there's one in the kids playground 15 minutes away from where I live, but if I want to train at home? Yeah, I can buy a portable one. But I want to do dips, yeah I can buy a portable one. Why not just have one of these in the garage? Seems like a good idea for some.

Because dip/pull-up bars already exist. Why someone needed to reinvent their structure, while adding nothing useful but radically increasing their complexity, seems ridiculous.

jlq

I've found a decent solution for horizontal pulls. I have one of those pullup bars that goes on a doorway and has two bars sticking out perpendicular. At Dick's Sporting Goods, I found a stretching strap that has 12 loops for feet and such. The two closes straps fit over the bars that stick out perfectly. Then on each side I have 5 loops so I can gradually build up to horizontal pulls (I'm nursing a biceps and elbow injury so going slow). A broom handle stuck in the loops makes a simple lower bar.

Free Course