• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Could some one help me with these articles...

SSGGLASS

Why You Should Keep PTP and RKC Training Separate: A Strength Training and Powerlifting article from Dragon Door Publications -Why You Should Keep PTP and RKC Training Separate

How to Add a Minimalistic Conditioning Routine to <i>Power to the People!</i>: A Strength Training and Powerlifting article from Dragon Door Publications- How to Add a Minimalistic Conditioning Routine to Power to the People!

These 2 articles contradict each other , don't they? Can anyone explain which is right or if there is something I'm missing.

I think your looking to far in to this. A rule or law is something like "don't murder people"

Don'T mix PttP and RKC is a suggestion, or an opinion.

Both Articles are valid approaches, and only two of a wide spectrum of options you can take. Pick something-DO IT for 6 months, get experience about yourself and your limits, and than you can decide what is best FOR YOU.

briangoldstein

one further point --- they aren't contradictory.

The entire point of both articles is
"When doing PTP, it's not a good idea to do nearly as many swings/snatches as you would do normally"

As Adam pointed out, its only two ways of thinking about it.

FWIW, I think the second article is a GREAT way to go, and have prescribed it successfully to at least 4 people now, with forum typical results (i.e. astounding).

Free Course