• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

day 1 on my quest for 10,000 swings in 10 days

Android-Man

So far it's 8:31 pacific time and im 300 in using my 24kg.....after reading on tnation.com about the 10,000 in 10 days I figured.......why not me?

I'll keep yall posted

cl2606

Definitely keep us posted. How are you breaking it down for sets and reps? Are you going to do them all in one workout or break them up throughout the day?

deanie

Good Luck!!

I will be trying this also. As a woman, I am using the 16kg and will try to knock out all 1000 in one workout. I plan on using/following Tracy's stuff, since she rocks with high volume. Last Saturday I knocked out 1000 with the 24kg. My issue is going to be going 10 days nonstop, I think.....

md corral

Good luck!

Keep the hands healthy as first priority :]

I did ~600 the other day with a 24kg. I had not done higher volume swings for a while. I got a couple unexpected pre-blisters on my fingers.

Your body should tell you what the second priority will be for getting through it without hurting yourself. Ha ha...best of luck and it should be an interesting experience.

ozarkdude4

Rock on Android. That sound painful mentally and physically plus boring, at least till you do it and feel like Superman. Dig on in and "get some".

Can't wait to see out come. Please tell me you are writing down all the data, please. Be a shame to go through that and not journal it thoroughly.

jetronin

So far it's 8:31 pacific time and im 300 in using my 24kg.....after reading on tnation.com about the 10,000 in 10 days I figured.......why not me?

I'll keep yall posted
Looking at this myself, please keep us posted DAILY if you can. I reckon day 3 will be 'the bitch'.

deanie

Good Morning!

Day 4 of the challenge for me.

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

Mentally this is hard at about the 800 mark yesterday and today, and my blister from yesterday really ticked me off. My plan was to do more 1 hand swings than 2 hand swings. Today was "the witch" for me - got through it, so I am hoping the next 6 days will be better!:) Yoga afterwards for me is a must! I am a big fan of Tracy's and do her High volume work once a week, sometimes more, so using her stuff here was a no brainer for me....

Android man: I hope you are going strong and rocking the challenge also!!

jason10mm

I did the 1 to 20 back to 1 cycle just breathing through the nose and it was LONG. Can't imagine doing that twice and then some everyday for 10 days :) Had to use a towel for the back half due to blisters. Definitely going to look into a wide handled bell once I settle in on a good swing weight (still using the little 16kg bell, got my 20kg on tap though!) to facilitate long swing sessions.

Rog

I did exactly the same as Jason yesterday on my heavy ROP day, decided to do the one to twenty and back breathing ladders with my 32kg (400 swings I think?).

It was ok until about 15 on the way back down when I started to get tired.

Have a small blister today on one finger just below the first joint and ache an awful lot. Can't imagine doing 1000 swings a day or even doing the breathing ladders multipl day in a row.

Keep us posted, good Luke and tick to it!

Free Course