• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Deadlift for bigger legs???

Teddy

Hi

I would start a bear program and specialy wants to have my legs to grow.
Pavel recommend deadlift for legs and not squat, is deadlift just as good???

chris m.

Re: the bottom line is no

Bottom line, squats will make your legs grow more than the deadlift. The deadlift is recommended over the squat because it is easier to learn--therefore safer.

If you feel confident in your squatting technique, then the squat is better for increasing the mass of your legs. I highly recommend Rob Lawrence's article How and Why I Squat. If you are not familiar with the squat, but are reasonably coordinated expect about a month learning curve to safe proficiency and a lifetime of improving technique.

FSTYLE

Trap Bar Deadlift for bigger legs???

Trap Bar Deadlift works the legs more than regular Deadlifts and possibly more than squats. But squats are better for total body.

Thunderfoot

Teddy,

Chris is right in that the squats will affect growth more than deads, but you absolutely must, try deadlifts from a platform. Also, follow Pavels instructions in PTP for the "duck" style deadlift.

Free Course