• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

dealing a workout

qitim

I'm new to the forum here and just wanted to chime in. I run a small martial arts club in Omaha and many of us have started Pavel's various programs with great success.

I wanted to give an idea (maybe its old to some of you - let me know if you've heard of it before) about keeping a little variety in your routine. Not to be done everytime but a nice one to throw in for endurance once in a while. We do it with 4 types of pushups but it works great with KB exercises too. Get a deck of cards. Assign each suit an exercise - for example hearts are snatches, clubs are CJ's and so on. Deal a card - lets say its the 7 of hearts...do 7 reps of snatches. Deal the next card, say its the two of clubs...do 2 clean and jerks. Continue through the deck. At first start with maybe 10-20 cards depending on your abilities, then work your way up to the whole deck. Aces = 1, and all face cards = 10. 1 deck = 340 reps. You can do the exercises left and right with each flip of the card or alternate between left on the first flip of a card and right on the next. If you are going bilaterally that would be 680 reps!

Very much like doing ladders. Hope some of you try it and give me your two cents on it. My students have a love/hate relationship with it. Naw, who am I kidding they hate 'em.

Qitim

Randy Joiner

Welcome to the Party Qitim! I'm new so I won't offer any input, but to just offer you a warm welcome to the site and hope to see your name regularly.

Randy Joiner

WarpedMind

Welcome to the party!

Thanks for the workout suggestion... many comrades absolutely LOVE using cards to determine the workout. I've never tried it, but I should sometime.

Sounds like you're killing your students... GOOD JOB!!! Your MA students will kick butt employing the kb!

Please keep posting your workouts... we'd all benefit greatly from it!

And again, welcome to the party.

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Com. Qitim, welcome to the Party! n/m

Com. Qitim, welcome to the Party! n/m

qitim

Thanks Warpedmind and Randy. There are some very interesting posts (and people) on this forum. I stand to benefit from it greatly.

Tim

Free Course