• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Diatomaceous Hands

PA KETTLE

Have been using agricultural grade diatomaceous earth instead of chalking my hands this summer.
100 degrees and high humidity makes chalk build up on underside of kb handle, and leaves sharp ridges. Not good.
No chalk and my hands may be sweaty and slippery, or just tear skin loose when snatching.
Have tried food grade diatomaceous earth, but find it is more slippery. Does prevent tearing skin, though.
Bought a 40 pound bag of red earth diatomaceous earth from the local tractor supply store. (Bought it for the chickens, but noticed that the inconsistent grit size felt good when using kettlebells afterwards.) No slipping, no skin tears.
Cost me less than $25.
Now, I can snatch in summer. I used to only snatch spring and fall when weather is nicer here in the southeast.
Pa Kettle

Free Course