• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Does anyone know what Senior RKC Dan John was talking about when he mentioned....

kbpaul

his wife changed her figure in just a few weeks by adding iodine as a supplement? I did a search but came up with nothing. I also asked this same question on the nutrition forum, but it seems this forum get a lot more attention. Thx....Paul

Well, let's see: my wife has a condition on her face that darkens in sunlight, but splotchy and weird. She hates it. The doctor recommended adding iodine as this condition is "more hormonal," I'm simply quoting. Within a few weeks, her skin normals out and she literally changes physically before my eyes, too.

I'm not a scientist nor a doctor, but I can't argue with the results. Tiff does Swings, Goblet Squats and Presses and basically eats paleo when she can, includes the juice of a lemon or two in water each day, and doesn't fear excellent wine.

The thought process: could it be that simple that she needed iodine? Once she got that in her system, everybody got back in the show and she leaned out overnight (ish)? Personally, I am not a fan of this kind of question as I am simply an observer who notes a change and I think it works because it works. So, it is not a blanket statement of "take iodine," although maybe keep it in your quiver and remember it as an aid in the future for other people.

As Pavel and all the others will tell you, I don't know anatomy or any of the other human sciences which I think is a boon, actually, but I try to only give reasonable advice in the area of nutrition. I will say this: most people will find some "thing" that they have been missing from their diet (usually protein, fiber or fish oil) and make amazing progress from this. Others, like Tiff, might find a gamechanger in something as simple as iodine.

Jason M

Along these same lines

For me personally--and I'm sure many others--when it comes to clear, noticeable, sudden changes in physical performance and muscle gain, the biggest game changer is sleep. I'm a single father of two so even 7 hours of sleep is rare. But when I'm able to get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, EVERYTHING improves usually the very next day. Weights feel lighter, I don't get winded, everything just falls into place. During times when I was putting on mass, no matter how well I did everything else, if I wasn't sleeping good then forget it. Tim Ferriss called sleep the force multiplier--he is on the money.

Free Course