• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Eat Stop Eat

Snaggle

I've never heard of this diet until just now. I've just started working out a lot after a long hiatus again. I used to not eat past 7 pm no matter what. I'd try not to eat past 6. I found if I stuck with that I'd stay lean and could eat pretty much anything I wanted. I'd just allow myself water. I'm not a skinny guy naturally either.

porvida

Chief et al,

Thanks for the recommendations. My first fast was done pretty much on a whim. I just wanted to try it to see if I could do it and how it would feel. I figured sleeping through the last part of the fast might be easier. Sounds like I may have been wrong.

Next time I will try what you guys are advising. Hopefully that will be a bit easier.

porvida

Following the previous advice, I tried another fast. This time I had dinner at 5:30 then fasted for 24 hours. This fast did seem quite a bit easier. The only trouble I had was with my workout.

I planned the workout for the last hour of my fast so that I could eat afterwards. The first half of my workout was bench press, dips and rows. These were ok; maybe a little weaker than normal. The second half of my workout was swings. These were very hard. I felt like I was lacking energy/fuel. I finished the workout but felt a bit shakey and light headed. It felt like low blood sugar.

I was happy with the fast but a little discouraged by the workout. I'm not sure if I will get used to working out under these conditions or if I should move the workout up to the morning (ie halfway through the fast).

The Kraut

Be strong!

It takes a while getting used to "working on empty". I got the hang of it after two weeks. Now, I absolutely *love* workoing out on an empty stomach, and my energy levels are way higher than before.

Always remember: You have years and years of "regular" eating under your belt, but only very little experience with ESE or waterfasting. Give yourself the time, and you'll see that ESE works *amazingly* well.

Good luck, brother.

chiefhiawatha

I was happy with the fast but a little discouraged by the workout. I'm not sure if I will get used to working out under these conditions or if I should move the workout up to the morning (ie halfway through the fast).

Instead of doing it the hardest way possible, try it like this:

6:00p eat
9:00p sleep
6:00a coffee-fueled workout
7:00a-6:00p benefit from working out already.
6:01 solid dinner

porvida

Instead of doing it the hardest way possible, try it like this:

6:00p eat
9:00p sleep
6:00a coffee-fueled workout
7:00a-6:00p benefit from working out already.
6:01 solid dinner

I gave this a shot and did find the workout much easier. I didn't notice any adverse effect from the fast. Overall, the fasts seem to be getting easier. This most recent one wasn't bad, until that last few hours. I think I was more hungry due to the workout.

MilkManX

Well started my fast last night after dinner. So far today I am doing just fine. 3 hours or so and I get to eat dinner again. Sure I have had some hunger grumbles but nothing so extreme I was gonna pass out or anything. Feels good.

Moses Correa

Well started my fast last night after dinner. So far today I am doing just fine. 3 hours or so and I get to eat dinner again. Sure I have had some hunger grumbles but nothing so extreme I was gonna pass out or anything. Feels good.

Nice work sir. It isn't that bad you have to just want to do it!:)

MilkManX

Seriously easy plan. So far so good. Already seeing some definition where there was not any before. Fasting 2 days a week for the 3rd week now.

MilkManX

Man this plan works. I have lost 20lbs of BF using this for since Late July. I even lost 1lb over Thanksgiving!! I am down to 179 lbs and growing muscle. (using KB Muscle).

I highly recommend this book/program to anyone.

Free Course