• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Exercise Induced Asthma

Julius1

Does anyone have experience with this? I think I may have it. I have been doing Tabata style sprints (20 sec sprint, 10 sec rest X 8) and around the fourth sprint I start wheezing and I feel my trachea is about to close shut. My throat begins to burn as well as my sinuses and ears, and this is not the type of burn that you feel when you're getting a cold. Needless to say, I haven't been able to complete the eight sets. Now that I think of it, I have always had poor endurance, no matter how much effort I put into it.

Thanks,
-J

Crust Bucket

Yes, I have...

experience, with this. I had that when I was a child, so I know how horrible it is. I would suggest to go see a doctor about it, that way you can cover all bases to make sure nothing else is going on.

Good Luck, and please let us know how it turns out.

Zael

seemunkee

Doesn't sound like asthma

I had bad asthma as a kid and got exercised induced asthma into my 30s. What you are experiencing doesn't sound like it to me. Asthma is a constriction of the bronchia in the lungs. You can inhale all you want but you can't seem to get enough oxygen.

Free Course