• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Food fights, Party, please read!

• Thread starter Pavel Tsatsouline
  • Start date
P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Comrades, from what I have heard I have undrestood the following:

Many comrades are not happy with Dr. Ellis''arrogant and condescending' style. An equal number of comrades sat that Coms. Garm and Andy are out of line. Coms. Ellis; Garm and Andy, I insist that you stay on parallel courses. Your food fights are ruining the board.

Laurie Ellis' 'Valkirie' posts were universally interpreted as attempts to build up even more hostility. Laurie, I insist that you stop immediately.

The same can be said about the martial arts flames we have seen recently. Please keep this discussion site clean.

John Du Cane

Administrator
Staff member
Nutrition-related postings on our site

A diet author and mentor of mine once commented that only religion sparked the same volatility of feelings and opinions that he saw about food.
In the past, we have had to ban certain individuals from posting on our site, who were unable to contain their religious beliefs and insisted on delivering personal diatribes at the expense of other members.
It appears that some of the same problems are beginning to surface in regard to nutrition-related postings.
As owner of Dragon Door Publications, I need to re-affirm our company's postion here:
The Discussion Site is available for the free exchange of information about any topic relating to material we publish. We expect postings to be clean and without language that is demeaning or abusive.
I have instructed the Dragon Door staff to quickly remove posts that we consider unsuitable. We reserve the right to do this, with no furhter explanation.
Any person who violates the site with profanity or personal attacks will get one warning. If they continue, they will be permanently banned from the site.
I have asked my staff to organize two mutually-exclusive Forums/Discussion Sites. One for Fitness and one for Nutrition. Once the programming is in place, you will only be able to post nutrition-related content on the Nutrition Discussion Site. If it is found on the Fitness Discussion Site we will delete it. And vice versa.
We will let you know when this is in place.
Thanks for your understanding
John Du Cane

MikeTheBear

How about on off-topic forum?

Or if you do not wish to have an off-topic forum, then you could apply the same rules to the contentious off-topic posts. I'm very tired of the religious bickering.

Of course, this would not apply to the fun off-topic posts; we have had quite a few. For instance, I enjoyed the "name you kettlebell" posts.

Garm

Re: Necessary Refutation

Pavel,

Anyone who said I was 'out of line' is either lying or has a very different definition of that term than what is generally accepted. In the two months since you asked us to play nice, I have been very careful to make sure that I never use words that you cannot utter on television, or personal attacks, or anything that can be misconstrued as such. I would like to be reminded of any 'out of line' posts since then. There are none.

I have asked Comrade Ellis to clarify or explain, and I have pointed out where his clarifications or explanations do not make sense. If that's 'out of line', I'm at the wrong forum. Perhaps my unwillingness to accept unsubstantiated or illogical claims without simply resigning under the pressure of repetition and condescension can be said to be somewhat stubborn, but that's the way I am and I will not be changing my personality to suit others at this late stage of life. I have admitted that I was wrong about multiple issues here when it was demonstrated that I was incorrect. I clearly have the ability to see flaws in my reasoning when they are pointed out and am man enough to admit them in public. But I will not let volume, repetition, or insult to my intellect change my mind about anything. Neither would you.

Further, I am not Andy69 and will have to ask that I am not lumped in with him - I'll own my words and the results of them, but I am sure Comrade Andy can handle his own heat. Those who made such statements about both Andy and myself may be confusing us, as I am, again, quite sure that I have been 'in line'.

I don't need to participate in this forum. I already own just about every product DragonDoor sells and know how to use them, and am not pushing any agenda beyond common sense or any products other than yours. As I am certain that my posts have been 100% acceptable, they will continue as before. If I am deemed unwelcome as the result, just let me know and we can part as friends.

Thanks,

Garm

leviathan

I have to agree with you....

you have not been out of line. i am interested in what dr. ellis has to say (if he can back it up) and your questions are needed as we do not need to take anyone's word for something without proof when it comes to one's health.

hope you stay on the board

ron

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Re: How about on off-topic forum?

Com. Mike, OT is fine within reason. No religious posts please.

lil boxer

Unless somebody refuses to accept the power of the KB, right? ;) n/m

Unless somebody refuses to accept the power of the KB, right? ;) n/m

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Re: Necessary Refutation

Com. Garm, my post was not meant as an attack on you. I have learned a lot from you and so have many others and I would hate to see you go. My objective is to stop the silly food fight, not chase off a knowledgeable and helpful comrade. Stick around, my friend.

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Com. John

Com. John, thank you for acting on our decision so fast.

tpr109

Re: I have to agree with you....

My feelings exactly. Garm is just looking out for everyones best interest and is wary of anyone selling snake oil. At the end of the day when we have ALL the answers to the MANY questions, we each can make our OWN decision as to what we believe to be true. tpr109

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Re: How about on off-topic forum?

Com. seafur, in my opinion we are a community and OT are a part of it. As long as all of us make an effort not to let it go out of hand. Except nutrition and religion threads. Just say no.

Free Course