• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

for cata9tale from yesterday

junky grip

I do not think that bup pressing the bull dog kb in my case has to with grip strength or pressing power it comes from pressing water filled keg.
i would love to get my rolling thounder lbs up do you have any tips.
thanks for any help.

cata9tale

Hmmm, now you got me thinkin'. Do you press the keg with both hands on the bottom as opposed to a top/bottom grip? If you do, that would make alot of sense.
I have never tried the RT myself. It just seemed to be a similar challenge as the BUP because they both try to roll out of the hand. Maybe it's the fingertips and thumb? Are you good with blockweights or plate pinches? That could be my inner grip junky talking again though, I love to pinch.
Do you anything besides press the keg?George Jowett has all kinds of keg stuff in his grip book on the Sandow site.
I still say the presses are good. All the balance in the world wouldn't get the bulldog over my head upside down.
Good luck, Tim.

junky grip

some ?

what kind of block weights do you have?i have cut outs from a scrap yard.
do you train with gripers?i have jowett book molding a mighty grip.what other grip training do you do?

cata9tale

My blockweights are sandstone. I got them from the creek outback. Much like the anvil that Jowett lifted,okay, so they don't weigh 168lbs. Same shape though.
I have a Ivanko SG and a COC T. My crushgrip is pathetic. I have found that while my 6" hands(base of heel to long finger)are detrimental to crushgrip, I have a sneaking suspision that they help me with my pinch.
I have succeeded in doing doubles in rafter pullups.I Hope to exploit this run of luck.
I currently am specializing in just a few exercises, but I have a 45lb. clubbell that I would like to get good at cleaning with one hand. I have done it a couple times for singles, but I would like to be very consistent in the future.
I wish you luck in your pressing and feel that with some work you could do a lot with the RT. Tim.

P.S. Ironmind offers $300 to the first person to pull 300lbs.

Free Course