• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Frequently Asked Questions MEGATHREAD

Ideal Paradigm

The question I looked through this thread for is - In ETK, Pavel says to start your workout with wall squats, halo's and pumps.

What are pumps?

Pumps are a stretch. It's shown in the ETK DVD, and I believe in the book as well. It's where you get on all fours, then you extend your hips as far towards the floor as possible (it's supposed to help you stretch your hip flexors out), then you put your butt in the air and press your head through your arms as far as possible (this is supposed to stretch out your shoulder area).

If that's unclear, the DVD will surely show you what I'm talking about.

Pumps are a stretch. It's shown in the ETK DVD, and I believe in the book as well. It's where you get on all fours, then you extend your hips as far towards the floor as possible (it's supposed to help you stretch your hip flexors out), then you put your butt in the air and press your head through your arms as far as possible (this is supposed to stretch out your shoulder area).

If that's unclear, the DVD will surely show you what I'm talking about.

Ah, yes, I know what are you are talking about now. Thanks!

ShuriteKempo

hardstyle?

The term and definition for hardstyle.

I guess since it is being used by Pavel to describe his kettlebell program it can be defined anyway the RKC wants too. But when I look at the terms used such as grounding/rooting , breathing behind the shield, contraction and expansion, power breathing,and compression I wonder why karate-do the hardstyle martial art is not mentioned in the definition.

The idea of studying form in movement, this is called kata in karate-do. The idea we practice to perfect movement not simply lift weights is a concept of "do" the path or the proper training path to perfection.

These terms and concepts have been used in karate-do for hundreds of years. I am quite sure they have been borrowed from karate-do. I even see Pavel reference karate-do quite often in his books.

To me that is where the term hardsytle comes from. Just a suggestion, but I think many people may better understand this concept of hardstyle if they know of the roots for the term.

I think many people think we call it this because we do things hard. Which is a misconception I believe.

If I am wrong about the source Pavel used for this term I apologize.

thank you :)

MarthaT

This thread helped my tremendously

Ideal Paradigm

Could we add info on the armbar and the armbar press? It took me some time to find some good answers.

Gary Berenbroick did a very good video.

Iron Tamer and Geoff Neupert also did a video.

I have added this into the first page of the FAQ.

I glad i looked here, its help no end, thank you

If you like it, please rate it five stars and/or give reputation (the little white scales at the top of each post).

cool finally a decent link list, it will take me a while to go through all of them :)
regards

If you like it, please rate it five stars and/or give reputation (the little white scales at the top of each post).

Rachael

Bull Dog - 40kg 88# kettle bell
Beast – 48kg 106# kettle bell

Beast Challenge – Press, Pistol and a Pull Up with the beast (a 48kg kettle bell) men
? Ladies beast challenge? - Press, Pistol and a Pull Up with the a 24kg kettle bell (could not find the official name of it???)

SSST - Secret Service Snatch Test – 200 snatches in 10 minutes with 24kg men (12kg or 16kg women)
USST – Ultimate Snatch Test – number snatches in 10 minutes with 32kg men (16kg women) ranking is listed here http://fitnessyoucanuse.com/SSST.html

I was also looking for a list of people that have completed the beast challenge, but was unable to locate one.

Thanks again Ideal Paradigm. Love this thread!

avilezj

Bull Dog - 40kg 88# kettle bell
Beast – 48kg 106# kettle bell

Beast Challenge – Press, Pistol and a Pull Up with the beast (a 48kg kettle bell) men
? Ladies beast challenge? - Press, Pistol and a Pull Up with the a 24kg kettle bell (could not find the official name of it???)

SSST - Secret Service Snatch Test – 200 snatches in 10 minutes with 24kg men (12kg or 16kg women)
USST – Ultimate Snatch Test – number snatches in 10 minutes with 32kg men (16kg women) ranking is listed here http://fitnessyoucanuse.com/SSST.html

I was also looking for a list of people that have completed the beast challenge, but was unable to locate one.

Thanks again Ideal Paradigm. Love this thread!
Here it is (BEAST Tamer Hall of Fame - 106lb (48kg) Russian Kettlebell)

Rush

What do you think of doing 1 ladder to 5 of C&P five days in week (without saturday and sunday)?

Right now i'm on other plan than ETK but i don't want to lose the progress with kettlebell.

faizalenu

What do you think of doing 1 ladder to 5 of C&P five days in week (without saturday and sunday)?

Right now i'm on other plan than ETK but i don't want to lose the progress with kettlebell.

Personally, that would be idiotic. You would be better off doing multiple ladders ONE day per week.

Sabinder

i want to be strong as an OX. So i dediced to start the PTTP Program. I will be doing the deadlift and bench press. Do you think this will be a great plan for whole body strength increase?

Free Course