• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Grapplers Dieting Horror Story

Grapplers Gym

Hey guys,

Dr. John Berardi and I would like to ask you for your help
with our new nutritional book for grapplers titled The
Grapplers Guide to Sports Nutrition.

What we want is your horror story of dieting and weight loss.

We would like to hear about the worst time you had trying to lose weight for competition and what it was that you did to lose the weight. Please also include what type of food you ate during that time if any…

You can send your story to me at mike@grapplersgym.com please put in the subject Diet Story and please include you first name, city and state that you live in.

Thanks for your help

Mike
www.grapplersgym.com

Grapplers Gym

Grapes and Smooth Move tea

Thanks Steve...

Loved the new DVD by the way...Some Really awesome stuff you came up with on this one. You have taken Kettlebell training to a whole new level...

Mike
www.grapplersgym.com

ytbones

What an awesome idea... couple questions

I was just watching MTV yesterday and they followed a nationally ranked wrestler as he would diet down to his competition weight. I would assume your book would be healthier than his choice to eat half a power bar every few hours.

When do you plan on releasing your book?
and
Can the diet in the book be used for non-grapplers?

Grapplers Gym

Yes this book will also be for non Grapplers

Dr. Berardi and I made sure that this book will also cover general nutrition and proper dieting for all people. Reason for this is because if you ever go to a grappling / wrestling event and look into the stands you will see tons of overweight parents and coaches.

Its sad to think that while the young athlete is starving to make it for the competition the parents and coaches are sitting there eating everything in site.

This book is long over due and if you know Dr. Berardi and his work then you know its going to be top notch. I just received the rough draft for the book and its AWESOME...

We are looking to have it out in the next month or two. We are collecting "Horror Stories" from athletes who tried crach diets using extream measures to have in the book so others can see and learn from the mistakes and Dr. John will talk about the hazards with each....

Thanks,

Mike
www.grapplersgym.com

Free Course