• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Handstand on a Chair - a tutorial

JimBathurst

On my blog, I just posted a tutorial for performing a handstand on a chair. I performed this regularly while on a gymnastics exhibition team a few years back and it still remains one of my favorite skills.

It helps if you have a press handstand down first, but I'll be posting up a press handstand tutorial in the near future for those who are working towards one.

Here's my blog with the tutorial:
http://beastskills.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy!

ClayEdgin

Jim,

Your blog rocks! I really like all the pictures and explanations. To me, bodyweight exercises like that are more impressive than gym lifts!

Magus

Awesome! That's something I want to learn eventually but I'm a way off. Can't wait for Coach Sommer's handstand book if it ever comes out!

R

rifstonian

great handstand!

and excellent blog as well.Very well done progressions.Have you done any walking up stairs on your hands? upstairs is hard but down is brutal,lol!!

rif

JimBathurst

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone. I'm just using the blog as a place where I can post up my general progression, exercises, and some tutorials when I have adequate expertise.

I'm hoping to post some short video clips in the near future, but I'll have to wrestle the work camera away from the office. I think some clips will help further clarify things.

Rifstonian - I haven't done any concentrated handstand training with steps. Although I have played around in some nice flat, wide steps at my University. Fun and brutal!

Free Course