• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Herebeadragon or Randy

bjjklowd

how heavy should the bag be ?
and you mean throw the heavy bag by chucking-throwing ?

and cleans ...
2 sets and 5 reps okay ?

Randy

oh....Im not real familair with the power to the people parameters etc....I just was thinking about wrestling, all of the twisting type moves

I would take that bag and throw it any which way I could, lol...set it on the ground, pick it up various ways....pick it up on your right side and toss it over to the left, then the other way etc

and I wouldnt try to "throw" it with my arms....I am thinking more about with torso twisting strength etc

hold it up on the right shoulder and throw it off to the left, and vice versa etc....every different combination

put the bag on top of you and bridge up against it etc etc

HereBeADragon

there is a video by Mark Hatmaker called the floor bag workout. Its designed specificly for grapplers and will probably be of use to you. You should try a few different bags and find a weight that is difficult but doable. A heavy bad about 60 pound is good. Also just a simple sandbag from a hardware store can be great too. Their cheap and weight about 20 pounds or so. With a larger bag like a heavy bag try shouldering it (getting it up to your shoulder and way you can) squat with it on your shoulder, press it, clean it, row it, throw it like you would throw an opponent. With the smaller one. Practice things like the 2 arm and 1 arm swing, farmers walk if you get 2 of them, and throw it. Use the hip snap and throw it straight up has high as you can (watch your head). Also and most importantly with the sandbags and heavy bags just play with them. Experiment and enjoy it. Treat it like you were wrestling with your team make it fun. As for the clean and press. 2 sets of 5 daily is good probably should thorw in maybe pull ups and pistols. Also do not neglect your middle. windmills (you can use sandbags or dumbbells or weight plats or your barbell if your really daring) and Full Contact Twist are good if you dont know what these are I am sure there are some articals around here that can clear it up if not I'll try to describle them later. Hope this helps give you some iteas.

bjjklowd

hey Herebeadragon one more thing sorry to bother you

With a larger bag like a heavy bag try shouldering it (getting it up to your shoulder and way you can) squat with it on your shoulder, press it, clean it, row it, throw it like you would throw an opponent.

^ you mean pick it up from the floor ? ^

With the smaller one. Practice things like the 2 arm and 1 arm swing, farmers walk if you get 2 of them, and throw it. Use the hip snap and throw it straight up has high as you can (watch your head). Also and most importantly with the sandbags and heavy bags just play with them. Experiment and enjoy it. Treat it like you were wrestling with your team make it fun

^ is this similar to "snatch" ? ^
and farmers walk... hmmm sounds familiar

and can you try to explain the proper way of doing cleans ?
i know it hard to explain..
but i think it might help ..

sorry to bother you i know you got better things to do.

Free Course