• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Hip Flexors and Sumo Style Deads

Marty RKC

It seems that the wider I go with stance the easier it is. 315 for practice felt like butter. Mike Swanke SSgt in the AF is going to a PL meet to try to total 2100 (700 conventional, 800 squat and 600 bench). Was experiementing with my form when he made the comment about my hip flexors being dominant in the lift. However, I will train conventional most of the time(my weakness). thoughts?

Marty

Marty RKC

The last part of the movement

hip extensors? Maybe he said one thing and meant another. Either way wide sumo stance(feet almost touching the plates felt most comfortable.

Marty
How did you know I was a little dragon?

6-8 am (hour of the dragon) (7:53 am)
1977 year of the snake (little dragon)

Scott Shetler

Heads up on our PL meet "Little Dragon"...

It is no longer on March 18, they bumped it up to the 4th of March. Take note! They also changed the USA's from July 22 to June 4 as well, but I think you will be gone by then. Adjust your training plan accordingly!

-Scott

Jason, don't some of the hip flexors also extend the knee in deads,

swings and squats? I mean rectus femoris, tensor fascia latae and sartorius...not psoas.

Randy

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Com. Marty, IMHO you are conventional puller. Training sumo is a great idea but with your built you will pull more cv.

Marty RKC

Will all respect

I disagree. Then again I've only begun conventional but as of right now I feel that my sumo is stronger.

Marty

I thought you liked me for my sparkling personality,

quick wit and dazzling smile! How disappointing!
Thanks for the reply, I agree with your assessment.

Randy

Free Course