• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

how on earth

How do you guy swing a 24kg or a 32kg when I am out of breath just swinging a 16kg for 50 reps!

There must be some extra fit coms here! he he

I find it hard, but even hard doing the snatch.

I need to work up better, and quiet some of my smoking habits, Oh dear! PS DONT SMOKE cigs, it messes up you whole body system and you get gassed faster than normal.

I need to quite big time, tough times!!

ad5ly

Yep cigerettes will cramp your style. I had a running partner years ago while in the military. He was a pretty fast runner and we would do some long distances at times. But after the run, the very first thing he would allways do was light up. Never could understand that. BUT as for swinging. It should allways be somewhat hard but safe and with varying intensity. If the weight gets TOO easy its time to move up. Being fit means being able to increase work capacity. I found this out last winter when I had to shovel snow out of our long driveway with my 21 year old nephew. He was is very competetive and I essentially outshoveled him. I felt like 'La Machine' and I was really making that snow fly! In previous winters I would have needed a break. Not last winter. Did the whole job in one go!..Dennis

rwrjr

Dude, you ask more questions and your posts are all over the map. I just counted 6 posts started by you on the first page of the forum alone.

Seriously, why are you asking about how to progress in the swing when you're still smoking. You need to focus. Stop smoking, start swinging. My 48 year old wife swings the 44lb bell. She's been swinging KBs for about one year now. She didn't get there by getting distracted by something new every week.

The money you save from not buying those cancer sticks could buy some nice kettlebells.

gtrgy888

I got to the 24 and 32 kg like most others: gradually. Interval training is a good idea if you want to build up work capacity in a hurry. 15:15 or 30:30 swing intervals give great returns for your effort, especially when you're just starting out.

First, though, you need to clean up house. Fix your diet and habits. Focus on quitting smoking and getting your diet in order (more raw foods, less grains, starches, and snacks; in short, eat more things that rot, rather than preserved foods). Next, start out slow on endurance exercise. Pushing to the limit all the time will just get you injured and frustrated. Don't get impatient about progress, just focus on form and add volume gradually.

Good luck.

adam27roswell

Totally agree with rwjr...get rid of those burning sticks...if nothing they're gonna blow a hole in your stamina, strength and endurance.

As far as swing goes...start breathing ladder along with the swings...really helped me push to 100 swings under 5 min.
best is to follow the PM with KB... really builds you. Trust me I learnt the hard way.

All the best

Yep cigerettes will cramp your style. I had a running partner years ago while in the military. He was a pretty fast runner and we would do some long distances at times. But after the run, the very first thing he would allways do was light up. Never could understand that.
I used to do the same thing after a 10k race. Made no effing sense at all, running a sub-40:00 10k, then lighting up a Winston Light. I smoked a pack a day when I was running 30-40 miles a week at a good pace, too. Maybe if I'd given up the smokes, I coulda been a contender.

D

David Whitley, RKC

Just takes practice and a focus on healthy living, that's all. I have ladies at Nashville Kettlebell that regularly swing 20kg and heavier for 300-400 reps in a single class. Guys swing heavier.

Free Course