• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

How to train with Hernia?

Gregor

Hi,

I have a Hernia. But it does not hurt me when I lift heavy weights, or even when I play with heavy kettlebells. It hurts me when I sit down, when I jump with my left foot. But I can not afford not to jump, because I play handball for money, and therefore I must jump.

One option is a surgery, but I do not know how long I will not be able to lift any weights or play handball.

Any sugestion or advice.

thy, gregor

Ranger Kevin

Get the surgery or quit lifting weights. The newest techniques (microscopic surgery with a mesh patch) will get you back on your feet the quickest. However, you will experience moderate pain and an inability to lift weights for 6 weeks, probably the same for the jumping. This is based on my experience after hernia surgery in '97. Eventually it will have to be taken care of.
r,
Ranger Kevin

WKRoy

I had an inguinal hernia repair 12/1/05

I did my first workout yesterday, including bent rows with 185 lbs for 5x5. I'm squatting tonight but will keep that really light (probably no more 225, will feel it out).

Handball is almost certainly harder on it and will have to be laid off longer than non-ballistic lifting.

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Com. Gregor, check with the team doctor and then post. Heal fast! n/m

Com. Gregor, check with the team doctor and then post. Heal fast! n/m

Gregor

Often the tear will grow. Mesh repair heal fast. Get checked out(n/m)

Thank You everyone; I will have a surgery in January; I will post later;

best regards,
gregor

Free Course