• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Insanity......don't believe the hype

Android-Man

INSANITY.........HA! That's right, ha I say, ha!!!!
I just wanted to right to share some insights on this gimmik. The gym that I work for( which will be unknown at the moment)
decided it would be a great idea for the saken of bringing the employees together to introduce the INSANITY program for employees
only. Now let me start off by saying this, I AM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM THE MOST FIT INDIVIDUALL AROUD, MY STRENGTH NUMBERS
ARE PRETTY GOOD, BUT MY CARDIO IS IFFY,( my current SSST numbers are 150, I'm still working on it). But for the sake of " UNITY"
I DECIDED TO GIVE INSANITY a go. HERE is my conclusion, it's not worth the hype.........it's just not, I was hardlly breathing heavy,
did I sweat, YES I DID( I mean come on if you jump around and do jumping jacks for an hour, your bound to sweat, somewhat)
and i did go hard, but it just didn't do it for me.
I did the program maybe once a week, there were a few weeks when i had to take off because of personal obligations, but for the most part.
........don't believe the hype. alot of my co-workers who did the program religiously, did not see significant body changes. Now when i say
body changes, let me be clear, they lost weight 10-20 pounds, but their bodies were not re -shaped. If they were built like a really big pear,
then after they looked like a smaller pear.
Before I took some time off from kettlebell's( to much time to be honest) all I did was swing and do TGU'S, and I went form flabby, to
looking pretty darn good with my shirt off, ABS AND ALL.
I just felt like sharring this in-case some of you were considering moving away from the party, to more pansy approaches.

WilliamNy

I love it when these people try to start up these stupid programs at their gym. It's all about the dam money.

It's good for some people because the dumb programs can actually get them to workout though...

fatman

Quite a few people have had great results from Insanity and its precursor, P90X.

Now, if you're already an active person who trains seriously, it probably won't do much for you. But the average person who doesn't exercise, or the person who works out a few times a week walking on a treadmill and BSing around with machines should see decent results.

I did the program maybe once a week, there were a few weeks when i had to take off because of personal obligations, but for the most part.

You did the program once a week... or zero times per week (while away)... a program that requires you to train 6 times per week... and you didn't get results. So if you don't do the program, it doesn't work, and therefore it sucks? I'm confused.

........don't believe the hype. alot of my co-workers who did the program religiously, did not see significant body changes. Now when i say
body changes, let me be clear, they lost weight 10-20 pounds, but their bodies were not re -shaped. If they were built like a really big pear,
then after they looked like a smaller pear.
Before I took some time off from kettlebell's( to much time to be honest) all I did was swing and do TGU'S, and I went form flabby, to
looking pretty darn good with my shirt off, ABS AND ALL.

You work in a gym with pear-shaped coworkers? 10-20 lbs. of flab in 2 months is not "significant"? If you look like a pear, you're not going to look 'jacked' in 2 months no matter what you do. In all likelihood, you'll look like a small pear first, then maybe start showing some shape.

Free Course