• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

KettleBack™ Kettlebell Backpack?

abexman

Has anyone tried this backpack? Am curious if it would fit an Ironmaster Quick-Lock adjustable kettlebell? The manufacturer was not sure.

I'd like to use it for travel (car, plane, hiking) and also working out with my kettlebell.

deekay

I haven't tried one, but I have tried a regular backpack and that didn't work so well with a 24kg.

I'd like to buy a kettleback but they are pretty expensive.

MikeTheBear

Don't have one but I looked into getting one so I am somewhat familiar with the design. My concern is that the Quick-Lock is square, but the foam padding in the Kettleback is designed for a round KB, so it might not fit right. But you can remove that padding and perhaps add some of your own foam to make it fit right. The description said that one guy was able to fit 10 KBs in there for a group training class so the thing will hold a lot.

TomFurman

I have a review on my website if that helps. Remember, experience is really individual, but I'm having a good time with mine.
Check tomfurman.com for the review. I've been stuffing dragon door kettlebells in it by the way.

jetronin

I HAD one.Sold it.Cost a fortune as i had to get it imported from the U.S. to the U.K..
It didnt fit any of my comp. grade bells.These are steel and around the same size as a regular 32kg bell.It does fit a 24kg bell though.If it's the "mybody kettleback" you're specifically looking at it may be worth bearing in mind.
Tbh,get a cheap,used "bergen",wrap weight plates a towel and inset,or,my favourite,fill up some old four litre water bottles and put them in,then stuff weight plates down the sides till the weight is right.
Tbh,the cost of a kettleback is exessive for what it is.

Silverfroth

Sweet lord look at that cost - I'd be content saving all that money and just crafting a cradle to nest inside a regular backpack of industrial foam and nylon strapping.

Chad Paulus

Has anyone tried this backpack? Am curious if it would fit an Ironmaster Quick-Lock adjustable kettlebell? The manufacturer was not sure.

I'd like to use it for travel (car, plane, hiking) and also working out with my kettlebell.

Are you allowed to take a kettlebell on a plane?

Miskatonic

If transporting the kb's isn't the main reason for getting it you could always try filling an old backpack with playground sand, and put some extra padding on the straps, etc.

johnbeamon

I received one as a gift from my wife and checked it out. Really well made. The comments online from people who actually own them are enthusiastically positive, up to the point of size and shape that Jetronin made. They are pricey, and you need a reason to carry one bell or a bell and a set of clubbells around with you. I didn't have a reason to carry gear like that, so I returned it.

The plane question gets answered differently all the time. I've heard people have shipped or flown one in the original box (keep the box). Some have checked a naked KB with a tag on the handle. A few people have carried on, a few others have been told it was a "bludgeon" and denied carry-on. It costs me around $25 a bag to fly now, and it costs $35 to ship a 16kg in the original packing.

BigBoot

I have one. Use it to "ruck" with a KB, stopping every 20 minutes or so to swing, clean, squat, etc....Good piece of gear.

Free Course