• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Making up your own Chi exercises?

John Du Cane

Administrator
Staff member
There is a long tradition of so-called spontaneous qigong movement where you allow yourself to move very freely as the spirit and body take you. There are certainly great benefits to this type of practice.
However qigong and tai chi methods go very far beyond simply attaining a greater feeling of relaxation.
There are many, many principles for posture, breath, consciousness and movement that can have far-reaching benefits on many levels.
I would encourage you not to discount the "science and art" behind these disciplines -- unless perhaps you are really not looking for anything more than that generalized sense of relaxation.

What I do is use the standing posture as a base. I inhale into a movement, hold it for a second or so and exhale back to a standing position. I do find this very relaxing and invigorating

Free Course