• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Middle Eastern Oil -- OT

Ricky Netcop

I got this out of the Philadelphia Daily News the other day, and wanted to pass it along.

"Every time you fill up your car, you can avoid putting money into coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from.

Major companies that import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00-8/
31/01):

Shell 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco 62,231, 000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 billion! Now, here are some large companies that do NOT import Middle Eastern Oil:

Citgo
Sunoco
Conoco
Sinclair
BP/Phillips

This information is obtained from the Dept. of Energy and is easily documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required to report where they get their oil and how much they are importing, and must do so on a monthly basis.

Share this list with your family and friends. Spread the word. Stop paying for terrorism."

Something to think about.
Rick

Gene

Rick,

When you cosider the networks of suppliers and refiners I wonder really how much Saudi oil is bought by various companies. You know, like how much oil does Shell sell to Amarada Hess, which refines it into gasoline? Then we have spot markets, where oil can come from anywhere and go anywhere.

I am disapointed that Shell imports so much ME oil. I like their gasoline and love their oil. We have only one Shell gas station around here...

Oh well.

Gene

john44

One problem-indy stations buy from any wholesaler,could be from anywhere.n/m

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn/mmmmmmmmmmmm

john44

Hydrogen power . We need to get fuel cells and screw the whole system! n/m

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn/mmmmmmmmm

Pirate40

So Amoco imports their oil from the Middle East and BP does not? Interesting, since those two companies merged in 2001! Given that these figures are from 09/01/00-08/31/01, it kinda makes you wonder if you'd be wrongfully boycotting someone (Amoco/BP) without knowing all the facts!

Gene

Re: Hydrogen power . We need to get fuel cells and screw the whole system! n/m

Com John44,

Hydrogen can carry energy. It does not occur naturally in nature, at least in any reasonable amount.

If we had safe fission power and nuclear fusion though... well, life would be kind of sad and lonely in the ME. We'd make electricity by the terawatt and tell our "friends" to shove off. Drive our hydrogen fueled cars, hydrogen made by electrolysis, and enjoy a peaceful life, like Americans were meant to be.

Let 'em drink their damned oil and see what it gets them.

Gene

Ricky Netcop

Hey, I'm only passing along the information. Isn't it possible that last month's stats haven't been compiled yet? 8/31/01 was only a few months away.
Plus, a merger doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. I work for a company that's a division of the Comcast Corporation, which merged a few years back. That doesn't mean I know how to go up on the telephone pole and install your cable.

Pirate40

Right after I posted, I was afraid it would be misinterpreted. I in no way intended for my comments to be taken as disparging towards you Rick. If that's the way they came across, I'm truly sorry. It's just that I'd heard this very subject addressed in the media yesterday, and thought I'd add that point, that's all. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Black Coffee

Vast reserves discovered

I recall reading that scientists had recently discovered vast reserves of hydrogen underground. Unfortunatly I no longer have the newspaper article.

Gene

Re: Vast reserves discovered

Blackcoffe,

maybe way way underground, where petroleum breaks down into methane gas. Maybe that carbon got cracked out or something. Don't know.

We have huge amounts of hydrogen up here except it's been burned. Hydrogen is funny to work with too. From what I've read you can put it near metals which will absorb it. You can liquify it (it's very cold stuff). I guess you could form it into methane, which is basically what Natural gas is all about.

We got lots of possibilities, once the oil is too expensive to burn.

Gene

john44

hydrogen's everywhere-just not in isolation.

You can remove it from water with an electric current.There is a solid ice form under the oceans that sometimes explodes causing tsunamis,or so I've read.it can be made from natural gas,methane,alcohol,or dead cats.

Ricky Netcop

No offense taken. I just think it's such a huge issue over here, and the more people who know, the better the choices and decisions they can. I think the word has to get out, and none better than word of mouth.

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

The US should buy oil from Russia . n/m

The US should buy oil from Russia . n/m

eriks

I agree Comrade!! Russia is more our friend than most think

The Russians, British, Canada and Israel are the only non-candy ass nations that have supported us 100% since 9-11.

Did you know that Putin instituted a flat tax and they were the only Western nation that had GNP increase last year? Here's the link.

www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2002/4/19/131605

Gene

Re: I agree Comrade!! Russia is more our friend than most think

The Russians do have a VAT and other special fees, at least for now. They desperately need Courts which will enforce contracts and property rights better. Their police like to pull cute stunts like pulling people over at random and demanding "fines", in cash, before they let you go. A lot of the Russian's gain was from their oil and weapons exports. Still, the future kinda looks bright over there - I wish our government would listen to Steve Forbes.

I am jealous - a flat 13 percent tax is cool. President Bush said as much when he was with President Putin down at the ranch. "Vladimir was able to get his Congress to approve a 13 percent flat tax. I wish I could do that".

I wish he could too.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about one thing; Russians are NOT "candyasses".

Gene

Free Course