• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

naked warrior program question

elessar

I just finished the naked warrior book and will start the program monday (results will be posted as they come). however, since pavel insists on only the two exercises (and i believe him) i am wondering if there is a good way to retain my pullup efficiency that i have built up with previous GTG or if i should even worry about it considering the "evilness" of the pistol and one arm pushup...?

Vaughan

just add in a more conventional pullup program 2-3 times a week, along with some abdominal work ie, evil wheel, jandas, hanging leg raises, etc...

that should work fine

enjoy

Adam

kai

In the Q&A section of the book Pavel says that preferably you need a complementary exercise such as chins or deadlift or the like, so keep you chins. I do.

TMerrick

Gtg...

GTG=grease the groove (see Party Speak session for many of the acronyms).

Refers to frequently practicing a movement (like pistol, pull-up) for up to 5 reps, never to failure, many times throughout a day even, to improve your skill, neural drive, and ultimately strength.

Teresa Merrick, M.A.
Bellevue, NE

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Com. elessar, train your pullups 3-4 times a week in a format similar to the PTP. Later you can GTG them while putting the OAP on a less demanding schedule.

Free Course