• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Need to gain 20-25 pounds...

Skinny

Hi Guys

I know that you have heard this one many times before. but i need to gain 20-25 pounds, the reason for this is that then i will be on my goal for my bodyweight and can focus pramari on my strength..

Will the bear be a good way to do that or are there other methods thats will be better??

How long should it be to gain the weight??

Hope to get alot off response

junky grip

i think you might want to check out the book
super squats how to gain 30 pounds of muscle
in 6 weeks by randall j strossen it is not for
the faint of hart.

Guy1

The bear will definitely work, but there are other methods as well who will work (20 rep squats etc.). There is an article by Mike Mahler on volume training, check out Mike's site or T-Nation for it. I don't know how long it will take you to gain the weight, everyone is different, but over a summer, I guess it is possible to make those kinds of gains. My favorite is to take 50% of my 1RM and do 10 sets of 5 reps on deadlifts with 60 to 90 seconds rest interval, upping the weight by 5 pounds per workout (3 workouts a week). I would also do a major upper body movement, like dips or military presses, doing a bear type cycle for the press. Do this for 4 weeks, then drop the volume a bit, doing half or less with weights that are comfortable, than going for another cycle of volume work.http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=543803

greggonzo1

Dont forget your diet. You have to eat more kcal than you are expending in order to gain weight, and it has to be on a consistent basis.

When I thought I had trouble gaining weight it was due to my inconsistency in eating habits. One day I would eat 4000kcal and the next 1000kcal. Not until I became consistent did I gain. 160->170->185->195->220(current) from 160 to 185 was about 8 months. Then from that points its been slow progress to 220 which I am happy at now.

-Greg

P

Pavel Tsatsouline

Com.Too Skinny, welcome to the Party! Get Beyond Bodybuilding and eat. n/m

Com.Too Skinny, welcome to the Party! Get Beyond Bodybuilding and eat. n/m

Free Course