• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

nerve injuries

noarm305

hello all, i have quite the nerve injury which is possibly radial and i was wondering whether anyone has had success with accupuncture. I hear through the grapevine that accupuncture is supposed to be fairly potent and i may give it a try in the near future. If anyone has had great success with it in general or on a specific part of their body (hopefully radial) i wish to hear your stories.

Paul Tucker

Read this

Noarm...Note that if you have significant nerve damage it may take a long time to heal. Anyway , give acupuncture a go. It has helped me in the past and it does no harm.

Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Acupuncture Treatment of Compression Neuropathy of the Radial Nerve: A Single Case Report of "Saturday Night Palsy"
Feb 2005, Vol. 11, No. 1: 167-169

Paul J. Millea, M.D., M.A.
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
Purpose: Evidence that acupuncture is effective for any type of motor nerve injury is limited to case reports and case series but these findings indicate benefit. Observation that the radial nerve has the most rapid recovery of all peripheral nerves suggests that acupuncture might benefit treatment of "Saturday Night Palsy," a syndrome of radial-nerve compression.

Treatment: A 41-year-old female with a 1-week history of inability to write or extend the right wrist received 1 acupuncture treatment utilizing the Lung and Large Intestine meridians in the forearm, with the 2 meridians interconnected using the Luo and Yuan points. A cockup wrist splint was then applied.

Conclusions: Wrist motion with gravity neutralized returned immediately after treatment. As the day progressed, the patient reported increasing strength in wrist and finger extension. The next day, the patient cancelled the second acupuncture treatment, as her hand had recovered. Examination 4 months later revealed normal wrist and finger extension, sensation, and return of the brachioradialis reflex. The patient was symptom-free 1-year postinjury. Acupuncture potentially facilitates recovery and may enhance treatment of peripheral motor nerve injury.

Free Course