• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

No that that is over with, 40kg Kettlebell...

Johnypullups

I am very excited, and will definetely order one, maybe even two. I am very willing to shell out the bucks for such an awesome tool. Thank you John DuCane, Thank you Pavel, and Thank you Dragondoor.

Garm

Yep, I'll buy two the day they are available. I have the technique down now, and can snatch the 32 kg job 25-30 times with either arm. Bigger is better.

Garm

Marty RKC

Garm your not screwin around

I remember you mention 3 reps with left and 17 with the right but you said you performed 20 snatches either arm with 80lbs either hand . Thats a hell of a jump.

I got my two pood a week ago and was afraid to snatch it. 6' 165lbs 11.5" inch arms aint much but I'm up to four snatches right and 3 on left and can strict sidepress it on my right now. Keep the inspiration up Comrade.

Marty

Garm

Re: Garm your not screwin around

Comrade,

Those kettlebells are the ENEMY! Attack them with vigor. Percentage-wise, going from zero to four is a lot better than from three to 25. IMO, it's all in the technique.

I'm sure the 100+ pounds I have on you ahs something to do with the difference in performance. The KBs weigh less than the DBs I was working with two weeks ago, so it was just a matter of getting used to the movement and big handles. I actually encourage them to hit my forearms hard, as this can take the place of MA training and save time. I really like my new kettlebell - I took it on a road trip last week and invented all kinds of cool exercises. Once I can actually do a whole set, I'll brag about my baguazhang 'serving tea cups' with KB routine.

Garm

BigSexy

I'm not being some kind of wise ass, but what kind of weight do you guys use for deadlifts etc. I am doing a 3x3 workout with my first and heaviest deadlift at a weight of 380lb. and I sure as hell can't toss around the 32kg for 20-30 reps with one arm, at least not if I want to do more than one good set! You guys either have superhuman strength or my form (which I think is good) is really shitty. Either that or you're talking about one all out set. Either way there must be some BMF's around here. Christ, if the 32kg kb is that easy for some of you then feel free to talk all the shit you want about bodybuilders! JKB

KB snatches

At a bodyweight of 190, I can snatch a 90lb KB 20 times with each arm. Not sure what my deadlift is as I have not done it in over a year. I would like to find out though.

Johnypullups

BigSexy, I don't know if your talking to me here, but I can't throw the 32kg around for 30 reps. But... With the 32kg I can do 19 each arm in the snatch with a preswing, 12 if I do them as dead snatches from the floor (I usually do dead snatches). And I don't know what I can currently deadlift, best ever was 475, but bodyweight was closer to 200 at the time. I would like to think I can pull 420 or so currently, but really have no idea....
I believe Garm can deadlift 700+! Insane.

Garm

Big,

I weigh about 270. My largest DL ever was 705, and I'm currently working at around 550 - 570 for 5 reps, which places my current 1RM around 640. Until I reach a peaking phase, I DL every other day following standard PTP format. BTW, I spent a month or so working with 80 pound dumbells before the KB got here, and could do 20-30 snatches. I definitely cannot do more than one set of KB snatches if my reps are higher than 15-20. Good strength, poor strength endurance. Of course, Virtual Weightlifiting is pretty easy - maybe we're LMFs instead of BMFs.

Garm

santiago

Comrade,

Thats impressive for a monster, uh I meant newbie. You truly are a recon master. Recons rock! Too bad I never had the guts to go for it. Ah no glory.

Anyway your numbers are great. I hope that one day you go the the kettlebell competition that Pavel is having so I can meet you.
You are an inspiration. And I will be trying my hardest to beat your numbers.

Oorah!

Garm

Re: Android.....you Android!! n/m

Can't do it, comrade. I'm in beautiful Perth for the rest of the month, saving the world from the godless hordes of software bugs. I'm going to try to cross the continent and get some face time with Erle Montaigue while I'm here, in case anyone is still interested in that topic. Change planes in HK both ways, and am using the layover time constructively.

Next time, I fully intend to show up. I might wait until I am sure I can smoke an MS test in front of witnesses, though. Right now, the sights are set on the weekend of December 8th and PL glory. Not much time for anything new right now.

As far as BigSexy's handle goes, you should probably demand that he change it if it offends you. I'm certainly not going to let you get away with any Andy69 stuff. We should probaably create a list of acceptable names and put it in the FAQ, to save time.

Garm

Free Course