• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Painted KB's

sublime_michael

Hey, just wanted to throw out a quick question. Got a hair brain idea to paint my KB (I'm sure others have done it). Curious what kind of paint would be best? Does it need to be kiln fired or anything? I was think of white with black tribal flames???? Maybe that's cheesy but thought I would throw that out there!

Mike

kbpaul

I painted red and yellow flames & the Punisher Skull in the middle on both sides of my 53 Lb-er. I used those little bottles that they sell for models and i sprayed a clear coat over it. No problems!

Fireman Tom

if you like the way the handle feels, tape it off and just paint the bell.

Rough up the surface with 60-80 grit sandpaper, clean it well, then use a gray primer first, industrial grade if you can get it, 2-3 layers should do.

sublime_michael

Ya, I would like to see a pic if possible. The main reason is I bought an Apollo bell (should have just went with DD) it's similar to the Ader bells and I don't like the feel of the handle. Was thinking painting it would slickin it up like my DD bell. Thanks for the replies!

Mike

Free Course