• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

PTP & Pavel

Sam1

Hi Pavel

Hope you are well.

PTP is going very well. I am finding grinding the weights hard work compared to lifting explosively, however I am sure it will pay off !

It also seems unusual not warming up, but it does feel good.

I have a few more questions just to confirm some points about PTP if I may.

1) Do you perform warm ups for explosive exercises such as Snatches or do you just start at your max set, the same as normal PTP ?

2)If you had to pick Either Snatches or Cleans for your Routine what would be you choice and would you do the Power Versions or the Full Squat Versions ? (I am training for Power & Strength and am under the impression the Power versions are good for power because of the speed, but would the full versions be better because you use more weight ?)

3) Is it ok, safe (I am cleared by the doc) to perform power breathing exercises 3 times a week ie mon,we,fri. Train Tue, Thur, Sat. If not what would be considered a decent amount and will I notice a big difference in strength performing additional Power Breathing Drills !

4) Assuming I wanted to perform a Explosive cycle seperate to a Limit Strength cycle would I replace the Deadlifts with Snatches ?
Also assuming I swap every 2 weeks how do I structure my cycles to make gains in Deads and Snatches ?

5) Finally... (Yes I know I always ask lots of questions) ! If I wanted to perform singles in the deadlift, I am aware I wave the weight up and down around 80-85% 1rm... but assuming my dead is 500Ib how would I structure a cycle using ptp principles.

Once again Pavel Thank you very much !

I am awaiting delivery of Bullet Proof Abs and Relax into the Stretch which I should receive on Wednesday. I look forward to two more excellent books, not including the Brilliant Power To The People which I have just read!

Pavel Keep up the good work and good luck for 2002!

Thanks

Comrade

Sam

santiago

Comrade Sam, If I may answer your questions As a Certified KB Instructor - The Evil One make me do 20 snatches for each question i get wrong ;].

1) Do you perform warm ups for explosive exercises such as Snatches or do you just start at your max set, the same as normal PTP ?

You can warmups with swings but don't overdue the warmup. You can also start from cold, this is good to train if you want to be ready-to-go at all times.

2)If you had to pick Either Snatches or Cleans for your Routine what would be you choice and would you do the Power Versions or the Full Squat Versions ? (I am training for Power & Strength and am under the impression the Power versions are good for power because of the speed, but would the full versions be better because you use more weight ?)

The one-arm snatch is the better choice if you had to choose one. I am not sure of the difference btw power and full, but if you mean the dip is less in power I would do power.

3) Is it ok, safe (I am cleared by the doc) to perform power breathing exercises 3 times a week ie mon,we,fri. Train Tue, Thur, Sat. If not what would be considered a decent amount and will I notice a big difference in strength performing additional Power Breathing Drills !

Yes!

4) Assuming I wanted to perform a Explosive cycle seperate to a Limit Strength cycle would I replace the Deadlifts with Snatches ? YES
Also assuming I swap every 2 weeks how do I structure my cycles to make gains in Deads and Snatches ?

see cycling in PTP and the end of the RKC tape

5) Finally... (Yes I know I always ask lots of questions) ! If I wanted to perform singles in the deadlift, I am aware I wave the weight up and down around 80-85% 1rm... but assuming my dead is 500Ib how would I structure a cycle using ptp principles.

I DO NOT KNOW. Reread the chapter on cycling.

Sam1

Santiago

Thanks for you help its appreciated.

I will establish off Pavel the other points.

Cheers

Comrade

Sam

Free Course