• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Sandbag and other questions

gshaw34

I am looking to add to my variety days on ROP. I have in my basement a lot of other stuff and sometimes would like to do it. The questions I have is first, I have a homemade sandbag but I was thinking of getting something like the ultimate sandbag with this handles, but they are rather expensive and I am wondering if anyone uses something similar that is more cost effective. Finally I have a trx suspension training that I would like to use on variety days, but I am having no real luck finding a workout other than the DVD it came with and those will most likely be too intense for the variety days.

Thanks Gregg

Last edited:

gshaw34

The thing is most videos I see of sandbags they are using handles for movements. My homemade one does not have those handles. I can use it for some of the movements but not all so I figured I would just get dedicated sandbag.

postandspread

The thing is most videos I see of sandbags they are using handles for movements. My homemade one does not have those handles. I can use it for some of the movements but not all so I figured I would just get dedicated sandbag.
That's a bit of a nuisance for sure. I have a canvas punching bag which I once filled with bags of sand. Gripping the bag was problematic. I'm now thinking of having leather or canvas handles sewn to it.

Josh Henkin

The bigger question is what are you looking to achieve by adding this form of training to your program? The difference outwardly of a homemade sandbag and our Ultimate Sandbag is just that one has handles and the other does not. However, it goes much deeper than that. The design allows specific progressions and regressions to be created and changes the dynamics of many exercises. For example an Ultimate Sandbag clean is totally different than a duffel bag clean. We can go multi planar, go unilateral or bilateral training, etc. Again, the question is WHY do you want to add this to your training as this would dictate what would be most appropriate. If you are looking to just do carries, that isn't what our Dynamic Variable Resistance Training system is all about and going just with a duffel bag would be fine. If you are looking to get into some really dynamic training then I would suggest looking into our program further. Expensive is relative to what people know what to do with our training system. There are over 400 possible exercises, which is less than 25 cents an exercise, so it comes down to really knowing why you are using this form of training. We have a ton of free resources you can check out you can see our Youtube page here that has over 500 free videos, you can get our free e-book here. If you would like to ask any specific training questions I would be more than happy to answer any of them so that you can decide if this training is right for you!

Thanks!
Josh Henkin, Senior RKC, CSCS
Ultimate Sandbag Training

Free Course