• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Saxon Bends

PowersPride

In all the descriptions of Saxon bends i have seen two dbs are employed. Can you use one heavier db gripped on the ends? Curious to try the saxon bends but dont have two dbs that are light enough.

MikeW

You can, but it's much harder to use two weights, as opposed to one matching their combined weight. I use barbell plates held in each hand.

Mike

JohnPFelletter

You'd lose a lot of the benefit because the secret is to try to maintain the spacing between the two weights. The side you're bending to tends to fall faster. Do you have a couple of barbell plates you could hold?

JohnPFelletter

Try the fives first. They will feel a lot heavier than you think. The first time I tried them, five seemed light but ten was heavy.

John

Larry Dibble

Re: Milk Jugs and Coffee Cans

You can use two one gallon milk jugs filled with water or sand.

Also you can take all that change out of your sock and start filling up two coffee cans with the change. Then when you cycle out of the coffee cans empty them and buy yourself some DB's.

LD

Free Course