• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Super Joints or RIS

nwvang

I am looking to become more limber and to stop the "creaking" in my joints that occurs sometimes. I am usually pretty flexible and able to plant my hands flat on the ground from a standing position. I still perform the old Army stretching routine, but it does not loosen me up like it used to (especially the lower back).
Any suggestions on whether I should look into the Super Joints or the Relax into Stretch program?
Thanks Comrades.

Steve Freides

A clear choice for you

You're already flexible, which is what RIS teaches, but your joints creak, which is what SJ fixes. Get SJ.

-S-

nwvang

Thanks Steve

That's what I figured. I placed an order for the SJ DVD. Will the DVD explain everything well enough, or should I invest in the book as well?

Steve Freides

Re: Thanks Steve

Always best to have both, in my experience. The DVD is obviously better if you want/need to see exactly how things are done; for me, I generally prefer the books because there is more information in them. The only exception is the RKC book where, since kettlebell moves are so different, watching them is very helpful.

-S-

Tyler Hass RKC

Touching your palms to the ground the easy way...

Check out the article I wrote here at Dragon Door in the articles section. My version of the toe touch using a bungee cord or flex band will get you there faster than any other stretch.
Even on days where it hurts to touch my shins, I can get my knuckles to the floor in about 3 reps. Palms if I keep pushing a little longer. Maybe 3 sets. Other days, I go right to my palms on the first set.

Tylerwww.ringtraining.com

elrodjr

Where is this article?

I've browsed and can't seem to find it. Having all the seperate article categories doesn't help either - do you know which one it is in? Thanks, Tyler.

Jess

Ross Hunt

Thanks, Tyler;

In the month since I started doing the band stretches as you suggested, between sets of hanging leg raises, my toe touch has improved drastically. When I started, I could only touch the floor with my fingertips; now I'm close to being able to set my palms on the floor. My hanging leg raise form has greatly improved, too.

Many thanks,

Ross Hunt

Free Course