• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Training & fat loss update

Komardovich

About a month ago I reported that I was 198lbs (heaviest lifetime weight) and over 20% bodyfat.

I've worked out consistently, but I haven't complied very well to my dietary plans (tough time of year to eat clean). Still, I've lost 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm around 18% BF. At this rate I'll still hit my goal but I need to tighten things up a bit. I'll be counting calories for awhile until I can get an accurate feel for my caloric intake.

I've noticed that when I don't pay attention, I undereat during the day and binge at night. This doesn't work for me. It's better if I watch may caloric intake because it forces me to eat more during the day so I'm not ravenous at night.

Jared in MT

Congrats on your loss! Yes it is a tough time of year to lose weight!! It's really tought when the wife brings home Christmas candy & bakes goodies. She can resist it while I'm like a four year old just discovering it. Fortunately, my workouts are rather brutal, so it keeps things in check.http://www.fitnessyoucanuse.com

jdljon

Awesome job! 4lbs lost and 2% drop in bf is something to be proud of and I am sure you learned a lot. This is a good rate in my opinion, 2-3% a month is not too quick as to cannabalize your existing musle tissue. I find 5-6 meals a day keeps me from binging. I have added in a protein shake and some nuts/peanutbutter granola at 10 and 3 and it serves me well. My goal is to gain weight, so that is where the granola (rolled oats organic) comes in.

Komardovich

Thanks. I agree. If I had to follow one rule of eating it would be to eat good food frequently enough to avoid bingeing.

Free Course