• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Tried the Tabata for the first time

baederp

Today is my variety day. I usually do two-handed swings, 5 sets of 10 reps with 100lbs. with a T-handle. After reading the details of how to use the Tabata technique, I decided to try it today.

Just to make sure I did it right... I did 20 seconds of swings with a 10 second rest for 4 minutes, totaling 8 sets. I think that is right.

It felt great, very efficient. I look forward to trying it with 4 minutes of left handed high pulls, followed by right handed for 4 minutes on my next variety day.

Okke

Those are some heavy swings! Were you gassed at the end?

I'd be very interested to find out how the heavy swings compare to the `traditional` Tabata exercise, which is body-weight squats, or squat thrusters with light dumbbells. I've tried both, and they're killer! :)

sublime_michael

Yesterday was my heavy day on ROP and after my ladders, which just about kicked my ass, I rolled 4 mins for swings. So tabata it was. It was pretty grueling and noticed it was a lot more anarobic than aerobic. So my new rule is if I roll 4-6 min from now on it's tabata time!

Mike

Free Course