• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

What is Iso-Chain? (And training for Girevoy Sport)

kidkick06

Hello all.

I'm Hunter. I've been hanging around here since the early days of DD, since only a few years after Pavel met JDC bringing KB's to the states, but after 15+ years of casual use of KB's to support my cycling (which culminated in a national overall endurance series ranking)....

The time has come to get serious about kettlebell training for its own sake.

I'm looking to train specifically to compete in Girevoy Sport.

Who can point me in the direction of programming to begin increasing endurance for competition? Shoulder stability is questionable at best at this point so thinking of going back-to-basics with Enter the Kettlebell then moving into Kenneth Jay's VWC snatch protocol.....but is there a better way? If you're going to recommend another info product, you'll need to clarify why you're recommending it specifically for the purpose of preparing the body specifically for Girevoy Sport. At this time my current understanding resides with V02 Max being the most effective litmus for increasing work capacity, with VWC being the magic sauce for sparking that flame of growth.

Also, what is Iso-Chain? I see this all over the site now and to be honest, it looks sorta gimmicky. Change my mind.

***UPDATED*** Ok, I was wrong about Iso-Chain. I have seen the light.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GeoffreyLevens

Iso-Chain is a tool/apparatus for doing isometric work only.

For GS you definitely will need good shoulder stability. "Questionable" in that area will get you chronic injurie(s). See a PT or trainer to find out why you lack stability there and address that FIRST!

kidkick06

Iso-Chain is a tool/apparatus for doing isometric work only.

For GS you definitely will need good shoulder stability. "Questionable" in that area will get you chronic injurie(s). See a PT or trainer to find out why you lack stability there and address that FIRST!
Thanks man, I realize now the power of isometrics. SUPER excited to be honest and here I am eating my noob-ass words surrounding the matter. Oh well, live and learn!

Free Course